Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Doogs

Gotta love some nice warm weather!

Today I had a mate round and we beat out the large dents in the rear 1/4, and reshaped the bodyline with hammer and dollies before skimming the lot with filler. This area still has some work left in it but is much improved.

Will put up a few pics when it is done, the shots in baremetal struggle to show the contours.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Thanks guys, I'm starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere again !

Johno don't get downhearted about it, I have also had the same problems with motivation and felt a bit daunted by what faces me.

Here is what I've been working on;

100_2423.jpg

100_2431.jpg

100_2434.jpg

100_2435.jpg

The drivers rear 1/4 is much improved, and I'm quite happy that the filler is generally quite thin and in some areas translucent.

I'm going away for a long weekend with rovers this weekend so won't be back at it untill next wednesday. I aim on getting the doorskins and rear 1/4s in highfill ready for more guidecoat. Then I will take the doors off and do the rear of them, the frames, and also send the hinges to get sandblasted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I had a big weekend away at "Surfmoot" last weekend with Rovers so progress slowed for a bit again.

Today I went to a mates so I could tack weld the slide hammer attachment to a large dent in the centre of my donor bonnet, and pull the dent

out. I was quite happy with the result because it is a tricky area that straddles the centreline, and now it should only need a small amount of filler.

100_2439.jpg

This week I will have access to spray gear once more, so will high fill a few things and hopefully continue to improve things. In other news I have managed to track down some 14inch mags I quite like, that are similar to a JDM mesh style rim. Hopefully I can get the cash for these soon.

I got my seats back from the trimmers today along with my new front door cards. I am pretty happy with the job as it all looks fairly neat.

There is still a bit of a twist in each seat but I think it's pretty good considering what he started with. The trimmer told me that The drivers seat had; a broken and twisted frame, broken springs, and a broken headrest. They are quite comfy now and the extra bolstering has made a noticeable difference.

100_2444.jpg

100_2445.jpg

I am also working at the centre of the bonnet at the moment, and hope to get it done soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for the complements.

Been progressing more on the shell and I have removed the doors so I can fix the rest of them up. I'm away on a houseboat at the moment with mates so won't be able to add the pics for another week or so.

I ended up getting the seats done at a place called Croydon Motor Trimming. It's a little business run out of a backyard and the guy is really helpful and honest.

He quoted me 300 a seat and 100 for each new door card and stuck to the quote. (Which was great considering how buggered they turned out to be). I was quoted a loose price of 800 for the seats and 200 per trim elsewhere. The other bloke was a huge rip-off merchant and was not even going to replace the waterlogged MDF !

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, here are a few pics from recent progress.

Unfortunately it's much of the same tedious work, but I'm slowly getting there. My operation will be sometime in the next few weeks so I'm aiming to do what I can before then. Once I am recovered I plan on getting the paint finished by late June and be focussing on getting a roady. (I'm taking the semester off uni). From there the plan is to do some of the suspension work after rego and get a nice set of rims for it. I have been inspired by a number of cars from Indonesia, Japan, Sweden and Norway to go for a period sporty/race look. So in the long run I plan in getting some more pricey mags and might run a mild amount of stretch on the tyres. I'm also thinking about other mods like flares and the like, but thats a while off.

Engine wise I still plan on building the 5k, but am leaning towards a straight gas conversion (yes I'm stingy on fuel lol). This would mean I have a lot of the gas gear there for when I transfer to the next engine a little down the track. The second engine at this stage will be either a 4agte, or possibly something more period correct like a 2tg.

Thanks for reading, will try to update a bit before I have my operation.

100_2477.jpg

100_2640.jpg

100_2641.jpg

100_2638.jpg