Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Original Drift

Featured Replies

Hi kids, uncle shady here again.

 

Today, we're going to learn about the history of Drifting.

 

Before D1GP, before Takumi, before the HachiRoku and the mountain roads of Gifu, before clapped out S13 silvias collecting the armco in the Adelaide hills, even before Americans in honda civics, wet roads and e-brakes... there was rally.

Back in my day, we called drifting "powersliding" ... and it was universally regarded as a very slow and inefficient method of negotiating a corner. It was, nevertheless, fun to watch. :D

 

Edited by 7shades

That was a lovely way to kill a few minutes, very nice find.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong though, but isn't power sliding kind of neccessary in rally circles? I imagine they may have been going a little slower if they wanted to grip their way around their little circuit. I could be wrong.

 

I wish I had access to a big frozen lake......... :D

  • Author

I love escorts... I used to own a couple in the 90's, before they all rusted into the ground... (along with the geminis and datto 1600s)

 

They're unreliable, flimsy, annoying to work on and hard to find parts for... but jesus they've got grip.

I like the MkII in proper rally spec... front end jacked up, 2 deg neg camber and spaced out... rear end so low and soft its grading the road behind it.... awesome :D

great post 7shades :D

 

if anyone ever gets a chance to watch the full documentary that the ice sliding is from, it's well worth it.

 

i have nfi what it's called, but its all about the MKII Escort and it's reign across world rallying in the mid-late 70's...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.