May 23, 200818 yr comment_248321 Hi there just thort i'd show'd you my new toy...it's not an another rolla...i already have one. so i hope i am not hissed and booed off rollaclub..haha it's currently in the transfer / make road worthy status.. anyway 1998 MITSUBISHI Lancer EVOLUTION V (5) Silver 90,000 km the usual 2.0lt 4g63 turbo intercooled , 4wd, AYC, (active yaw control) momo steering wheel, 17" enkei wheels, recardo seats brembo brakes. front and rear tortion bars. adjustable rear wing. anyway once it has a new clutch and a major service. she'll be ready for action.. all tho i did get to eat an xr8 when i test drove it.. Report
May 23, 200818 yr comment_248325 These were always one of the nicer shaped evos Nice work...... I"M JEALOUS!!!!! :( Report
May 23, 200818 yr comment_248326 Quite a find :( If money was easier to come by i would opt for something like that for fun :y: Report
May 23, 200818 yr Author comment_248328 yes it was i haven't seen a 5 for sale anywhere. heaps of 6's tho there about 25.000 up wards.. i got this for 17.000 plus what ever the clutch and timing belt etc etc cost me. Report
May 23, 200818 yr comment_248358 Nice. I'm not a fan of Bitsashiti's, but these aren't their average poorly engineered bunkies. Great find. Report
May 23, 200818 yr Author comment_248421 yeah true i wouldn't buy any other mitsubishi besides and evo ... a road going rally car is pretty reliable you would imagine.. and the 4g63 is pretty bullet proof from what of heard. Report
May 24, 200818 yr comment_248427 Nice score I've heard the same thing about the old Nimbus motor Report
May 24, 200818 yr Author comment_248608 well had my first drama... the bloke who owns it was mucking around with the piping and didn't tighten it back up.. any way as i was driving it the pipe come off the intake manifold when it hit boost.. then just died at this point i shit my pants.... then realised i just had to put the pipe on.... but then because it was running rich with out any air going into it.. it made the plugs real dirty and it was miss firing.. so i had to take out all the plugs and clean them too....arh Also replaced the front rotors and pads tonight on the brembos... stops real good now.. Report
May 25, 200818 yr comment_248650 stops real good now.. I bet thats an understatement. Very nice. I think I speak for most of us reading this when I say, hit some dirt and fillum it. Show us what it can do! Report
May 25, 200818 yr comment_248689 I did the exact same thing when I rebuilt the head on a CA18. Left one of the intercooler hoses loose and after a 15 minute idle to warm it up, I gassed it down the street and popped the hose off. ..... Freaked me out, but it was piss funny once I worked it out! Report
May 25, 200818 yr Author comment_248797 yeah will have to get used to driving a 4wd fast and side ways compared to a FWd before any dirt comes into place.. plus the paint is too nice i'd be scared i scratch it... once the novilty wears off tho... bring on the carnage.. lol yeah turbos are just another thing to worry about.... but so worth it for the fun they produce..lol Report
May 26, 200818 yr comment_248938 very nice car mate! is the body all original? (eg front bar?) Report
May 27, 200818 yr Author comment_249235 its all original except for the front bumper correct,, i noticed the intercooler has a little dint in the bottom of it so a assume the front hit something in previus life...would love and original one with the lights tho. Report
May 28, 200818 yr comment_249359 Its shit man! LOl its not a rolla! DUDE!!! U betray us! LOL... can't say too much myself.. I have a Ford now :lolcry: hahaha Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now