Ke30 2 Door 20valve Conversion

cobba

that guy boring a hole in the head and then welding it all up when a simple thin bypass plate would do exactly the same job and is reversable. Even a 12mm plate can support a channel thick enough to bypass the necessary fluid and as a bonus the head doesnt need to come off.

I know theres no right or wrong but instead just my opinion though...

It just looks a whole lot neater.

you wouldn't have to weld the other holes up just block em off.

apart from that i've seen cooling guides etc. and they all seem a bit complicated.

this seams the easier way!

i haven't decieded yet if i wanna buy the kit or do it this way.

if there isn't an problems with mounting the motor further forward then why don't we all do that?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey :D

The car has been driven know for a few weeks. Seems great. The only prob so far is the slave cylinder on sharpleft hand turns, its close on the inner tie rod end. I am in the middle of putting a stereo in it right now. Here is a pic in the workshop on the weekend.

looks the goods, nice work

Cobba i reckon your car is sick!

what bodykit did you fit up?

i want a kit for mine. i have a front splitter already but yours looks better.

more photos!

Hey Mate will try and get some time to upload some more soon. The kit i got for free out of the quakka, Just cut it up stretched it out ect and fiberglassed it on. Took a bit of time though;)

Hey Mate will try and get some time to upload some more soon. The kit i got for free out of the quakka, Just cut it up stretched it out ect and fiberglassed it on. Took a bit of time though;)

how good does it go?

can you keep up with most cars on the road?

how did the handling change?

diff?

sorry about the questions just curious cos i got the same engine going in my 55.

how good does it go?

can you keep up with most cars on the road?

how did the handling change?

diff?

sorry about the questions just curious cos i got the same engine going in my 55.

Hey mate it gos ok, love to rev thats for sure. Have raced any cars yet so don't know how it compares? The handling i couldnt say coz i didnt drive the car before i did the conversion:) And the diff is standard as.... It will be fine as long as i don't do roll backs!

post-5149-1215609802_thumb.jpg
Hey mate it gos ok, love to rev thats for sure. Have raced any cars yet so don't know how it compares? The handling i couldnt say coz i didnt drive the car before i did the conversion:) And the diff is standard as.... It will be fine as long as i don't do roll backs!