Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blinded's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Replies 110
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Good to hear you have joined the club and its all going good for you at long last!!

 

Thanks mate, I'm glad too. Certainly been a while since I first began work on the new setup!

 

So I decided Today that I would finally rig up a thermo-fan setup for this as the clutch driven one on it was buggered and had no shroud so in return, gave little to no cooling at all. Got a 12" thermo from Supercheap Auto which does the trick nicely and used a Davies Craig thermo switch (thankyou 13BT_KE20). I have it currently set to come on at about the first dash past the "Cold©" mark which is roughly about mid 50ish degrees(?) and it works a treat. While I was at it, I fitted a new water pump to replace the old one with sloppy bearings. So the next thing to do is replace the alternator as I get massive voltage drop when I turn my lights on and now discovered the same thing when the fan turns on. So when the fan and lights are on, revs drop from about 900 to 300. Not exactly the best thing to have in a car, so I'll make an attempt at getting it done next weekend.

 

Will have a video of her up soon for anyone interested, once I work out how to convert it to a usable format on YouTube.

 

And, May 2nd = Tarmac Motokhana for the local car club. Stocked as I want to take the new setup for a decent run...legally. :y:

sounds like there tuned really well to

Looking pretty sweet. Should be a pimp car when you get the wheels on! Loving the twin carb setup.

 

Are you planning on doing the paint up a little more or just leaving the average home job on it?

  • Author

Thanks for the comments guys. :y:

 

Paint is just going to stay how it is. It really isn't worth the time or money to do a proper job on it as it isn't the best body going. I'm hoping to find a better body for my next project car, and if I do, it'll get the proper treatment for paint.

  • Author

Well, the car now has an added 5th gear!

 

Finally got a 5 speed box (Thanks very much to shauns ke30). Put her in this morning with the old man, and it is very nice. Finally no more ridiculously loud gearbox noises, so I can actually hear the induction. Makes driving alot more enjoyable now:)

 

But yeah, <3 twin carbies :D

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Update:

 

Well, Today I decided I might make an effort to try and finally fit my wheels, which I have had sitting around for a while now. Due to being busy this afternoon/tonight, I thought I should start with the easy part and get the rears on. All they needed was a light roll of the inner lip to make sure that they won't scrub over bumps. Basically just used the angle grinder to do a few little nicks on the inner lip bit then just carefully used a hammer and block to fold it under without chipping the paint. Worked a treat, and didn't have any issues. Just going to re paint under there just to stop any rust.

 

So yeah pictures below. I am happy with them. Just wish the guards/whole body was in a bit better condition. Few little dints all over it. :)

g9rsexlcpyzi5157g913ak3x8s9pde0pxqvm9fbm96boqbn84b.jpg

p0huzja3amiaiqghghdbnic3cn5egx220tfk0d2efgvdaxtzf5.jpg

 

So the hard part though will be the front. Well, more so, time consuming. The pair for the fronts, SHOULD have been an easy fit from other cars that I have seen, but the problem lies in the fact I have a Corona front end set-up in my car, where the hub offset is fairly larger than the standard front. So yeah, Corona front including LCAS makes 15x7 -2 rims sit like this:

aaagzhoidszb0v71uuu0nsvuswifau6daxe2n8r5lsxmwq03mvb8t.jpg

 

The plan for tomorrow and Monday (RDO :y:) is to refit the standard KE70 LCAs to reduce some of track, and then fit my set of camber tops I have sitting here to regain a little bit of camber. The new wheels will make up the extra track I had with the Corona LCAs and camber tops for the camber they made, but yeah bit of a stuff around to swap the parts over, but the rona LCAs did their job for the old rims. With that done, they SHOULD fit under the guards easily enough with a bit of a flare. Also am going to fit a pair of Power Steering arms which I bought as I have really been annoyed by the amount of lock lost with using the Corona Steering arms, which are looooooong. The Corona ones are ~10mm longer than the KE70 ones and 35mm longer than AE86 power steering arms iirc so yeah, will be good to be able to do tight U-Turns again :hmm:

 

Will report in tomorrow or something if all goes well.

 

:dance:

  • Author

jttaxs8cqqvjaz6owgtsusznh3md7bbk6qh75i3inaj1o97eyk.jpg

kwlzoo4o3albmsfzuc8my1orxxlx72cgqru8i63jg3q5ha0chh.jpg

 

Still need to give the front guards a light roll and get a wheel alignment and I'll be set. I'm pretty happy with how it looks. :)

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

nil3qamsputaayghpqb8wg2x5acer7991esve9gezl2nwadr0e.jpg

 

Flared guards finally. Got heaps of room there now which is good. Going to paint them up tomorrow hopefully.

you do them ya self ?? they look heaps good mate top sh*t ;)

  • Author

I started on them....Got the inner lip flattened and started to fold the roll out, then my old man came in to "show me" what to do...

 

 

 

Once he had the dolly and hammer in his hands, he didn't want to put them down ;) So he basically did the hard part in getting the shape perfect. He near got them good enough to just paint over w/out bogging them. Very impressed with his work I must say ;)

 

Put some bog on them today and sanded it back to get rid of any small imperfections with the metal, but have run out of time to get any paint on them. Will do that tomorrow with a bit of luck.

 

 

But yeah should be good when they are painted up again. No more scrubbing :?

That looks very nice. Can you along with your dad do mine? ;)

That looks very nice. Can you along with your dad do mine? ;)

 

True!

I was gunna ask the same for my rears! lol

 

your old mans a gun!

 

josh

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.