3rd Annual Great Ocean Rd Cruise!

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we'll be travelling alone then and not together, as I was going to leave Saturday morning to hit Pt. Fairy around 12pm or so if the g/f can't get Friday off.

ahh sorry was under the impression you guys were leaving thursday we can change to suit sat what do you have in mind

Ok car is ready and have half packed car with tools and spare parts. Currently making a list of what still is left to sort.

So if wanting to travel in a group what are the details? Day leaving? time leaving? location leaving? as we have a back up plan if nothing is made up before friday.

Question will we be bypassing portland from the town of heywood to tyredarra back onto the princess hwy ?

Cheers guys

We'll probably be leaving early Saturday morning, around 3am, if thats cool with you?

Usual meet spot is the Mobil Service Station on the corner of Glen Osmond and Portrush Roads, at say 2.30am, for the 3am departure.

Its a 7 and a bit hour trip on the way through, which goes through Naracoorte, onto Mt Gambier, then through Heywood and on the way to Pt. Fairy.

Fuel is sorted via a new fuel pump and the brakes are getting sorted out on Wednesday :yak:

Still have to install the stereo, which I'll be doing on Tuesday/Wednesday, though I have Friday off, so I may finish it off then if it hasnt been done during the week.

Edited by Raven

cheers

I love road trips and I think we will have a great time, will try and max out the memory card on the camera for ya.

hey Raven if we are coming back monday to have a look at the caves just wondering if you want to camp the night in narracourte ? forgive spelling

Edited by Budowski

cheers

I love road trips and I think we will have a great time, will try and max out the memory card on the camera for ya.

hey Raven if we are coming back monday to have a look at the caves just wondering if you want to camp the night in narracourte ? forgive spelling

Yeah dude, thats the plan. Being MOnday is a public holiday, I don't know if the caves will be open, so am thinking if we can't do the caves on Monday, we'll do it on Tuesday.

Anyway, see ya in 4 and a half hours :)

ok will make this short as I'm stuffed haha.

Was and is and awesome event, for us SA guys being long distance a factor i suggest anyone who is seriously looking at doing this next year start planning now so your ready when it comes around because it is well worth it, had a ball both of us.

car ran sweet, update more later

cheers

Edited by Budowski