Ke20 Light Problems...

smeetsy1

Recently my 'normal' headlights have gone, its quite fascinating because my high-beam and parkers still work.

So at the moment i have been driving around with high-beam on all the time, i feel sorry for oncoming traffic but

I'm pretty sure my car is too low to bother them!

Tonight when i was driving i was waiting at the lights to turn right, so i pop on the indicator and it flashes for a couple

of seconds and then turns off, much like my 'normal' headlights... wtf? and it kept happening throughout the night :P

So now i am having to throw my hand out of the car to turn the car whilst having the high-beam on - must look like a

twat....

Summing up, has anyone had this problem before? what is the problem? costly?

Any information would be much appreciated as this car is beginning to need alot of attention!

yours sincerely, will

post-4245-1215873171_thumb.jpg

Edited by smeetsy1

Members dont see this ad

I'm no electrical wizz bu my indicators stopped workin a few weeks back, turns out theres a white connector behind the storage compartment to the right under the steering wheel. make sure thats connected, give that a shot culd help

whered u get your RAA badge??????????

Edited by mitch4397

• 3 weeks later...

Another coming issue with older cars (not sure whether it is the case in this situation but) the fuses corrode slightly and this is enough resistance to cause issues and so called related electrical gremlins. Replace the fuses with new ones and use some wet and dry on the terminals to clean them up. once done coat the terminals with vaseline (petroleum jelly type) and insert fuse. This will stop the fuse block having bad connections for the rest of the life of the car. Then start cleaning up the plugs and the blade plugs do oxidize as well. Will take a little bit to go through and all should be fresh and working again. the other thing to check is your earthing points. IF an earth has dropped off the car then different issues can result. Electricity will find away to do something, might not be the desired thing but it will make something happen oddly.

Good luck.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Inside the indicator/highbeam/lowbeam stick there is a few copper bridges and a plastic pin that pulls for low beam, and pushes for highbeam from memory, anyway that pin will be stuffed so when you are clicking back to low its not pulling the copper bridge and connecting the circuit.