Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a nice starting point at least :hmm:

Does it only go to 90 kmp/h or were you just not willing to push it anymore? :)

705km trip, not knowing what shape the engine was in we didnt want to break down in the middle of no-where.

heck, it could do 100 and more, but its like a plane in takeoff, or touching down on a runway and noisy as hell.

705km... wow. 1k for that isn't a bad price. I payed 1.5k for my ke70 which has just as much or more rust.

Are you gonna keep the green interior? I reckon it's kinda cool despite the fact it's LIME GREEN! Haha.

Edited by Mybowlcut

Haha. Welcome. I thought I was the youngest member. Now you have put me out of my position! I think I am still the youngest in QLD anyway haha.

Rust is way common on KE55's. I have two major rust holes on the boot area, same position as yours but on both left and right rears. They also rust in the front panels, down the bottom area of the front guards.. so keep it in mind too.

What are your plans? Bring it back to normal state? Work the 4k?

Yep, big plans, fix the dents and rust, new paint job, fix the engine its leaking a bit, fix the interior up (holes in the seats and stuff) and whatever else I can find is wrong with it. Once I have a job (next year, i think i can get a job when i'm 14...) i'll save up for upgrades, rice it up a bit, you know, the usual stuff. :)

Well, i have some good news and some bad news.

Good News:

Got SA rego, new plates.

Flushed the radiator, some smarty didnt put fluid in it so the whole engine is rusted on the inside, MASSES OF RUST CAME OUT!

Think the heaters better.

Cleaned the car (got the sap off the roof) degreased the engine bay.

and the bad news...

The bloody thing wont start... We checked the plugs, leads, dizzy, coil and anything else that really leads to igniting the fuel, but its deaded, worked fine then it was running on 3 cylinders and finally died. Tomorrow we'll get the RAA to have a look at it.

:) :hmm: :( :(

oh and theres a crack in my dash...

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRFGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHOAq anus8ap ob[[yu0s8n9yvbohvmbgjonvshjwnhujHNQ897856345678GFDSEE5RE%&^t^$&e$*r%t(&ougvcuxryd&TUOGHVCXYSE75R68TPugrs^$e%&r^TGHGDE57r^t&ugfdrsr!

sorry, needed to vent my anger!

Its alive again turned it over this morning and it worked fine. All 4 cylinders! Water must have got into the alternater because the charge light is on, but after a rev it turns on. Guess water is its worst enemy...

Not sure what i'm gonna do today, but will be sorting out the garage so I can hide him in there.

I'll keep you posted on what i'm doing today.

Today i vacuumed the interior and it looks so much better.

At the start of the trip from melbourne to adelaide it was FULL of clean oil, when we got back it was almost empty. which means we have a problem.

Recently it has been running on 3 cylinders or idling rough, which i think means somethings broken on the inside and leaking oil, maybe the head gasket?

I'm not too smart with motors and neither is my dad. :dance:

Smelt the exhaust and we can't smell coolant so it aint the radiator. No oil evident on the outside yet so its leaking on the inside.

Anyone experienced a problem similar? Any tips may be helpful.

Cheers.

Lol I wouldn't smell the exhaust.

Good thing to do man, take the engine out and rebuild it for your learning capabilities.. that is if you want to learn about your car.

if it was leaking from the head gasket you can usually tell from looking at the engine, or a blueish tinge should be in the exhaust smoke.

It could be the sump as well ( The bottom of your engine which holds majority of the oil). Just have a good inspection of your engine etc..

Well, can't really do much because of the garage! It is going to be the workplace for fixing up the corolla, but it needs some work.

Firstly we have to put some sheet metal along the top to keep the weather out and stop fence jumpers stealing stuff. (not that anythings been stolen.)

post-5992-1216436778_thumb.jpg