Aussie Hip Hop

and really, the number of times i hear american rappers big noting themselves for "slapping their bitches" is kinda making me sick... What ever happened to gentlemen? is chivalry really dead?

I want a rap song that brings it back... Justine Timbaland can bring sexy back (not that it ever went anywhere...) but I wanna see someone in the rap industry Bring a Respect and Care for Women back...

Now THAT's something worth singing about...

(steps down off his soap box...)

This isn't Aussie Hip Hop,

Though get the song Aviation - You Were My Everything

Good song..

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...is chivalry really dead?

nope - "it's on the couch where you're made to sleep"

Hahahahaha!

There's plenty of good US stuff as well. Check out ugly duckling for sans f-bomb hip hop. KRS is mad, although he's still got plenty of gun clapping rappin action.

Heard one of the new Muph and Plutonic songs yesterday, I'll be looking for that on vinyl!

deff muph plutonic especially there latest stuff, lovin the lyrics,

the herd are mad hell funky beats an catchy lyrics, loooove the way old skool sounds from train of thought

i love first 3 albums from hilltops but don't really get into the new stuff theyv gone way teenie bop an are just doing it to make hell muni now..

after hours are ighthospice crew are good, bias b is sick, matty b is also maaad,

downsyde is well good and earthboy is super dooper good love it,

i own way to many aussie hiphop cds iv always loved it, can't STAND american shit! hate it with a passion! exception for some of jurassic 5..

also like some uk hiphop, taskforce, jehst, pegz i think is uk..

so yeeerr don't mind me ozzy beats, that and ma hardcore doov.

haydn.

Ive seen a couple of awesome American acts live, and not one of them was into gun talk etc.

When was the last time someone like Eminem, Dre, Ice Cube etc came over to AUS and put on a show?

The Aussie hip hop world is pretty awesome, as far as the only people coming up are smegging decent, whereas in the United States the media plays such a big part in what gets out there, corrupts the whole thing.

Who have you guys seen live? Thats the other thing I love about aussie hip hop, the live gigs.

I was lucky enough to see Hilltop hoods in about 2001. Also saw DJ Shadow, Kool Keith, Blackalicious, Ugly Duckling, The Avalanches, DJ Q-Bert, Jazzy Jay, J-Roc from the beat junkies, Lyrics Born, Tzu, Bliss N Esso, Soma Rasa, De La Soul, Lazy Grey, Len One, Ken Oath, and anybody else mustn't be worth remembering.

Standouts were Blackalicious for the whole act really. Also DJ Shadows gig was amazing, veejaying out the ass. I was luckily working at the gig with Q-Bert, Jazzy Jay and J-roc, was an awesome experience. Q-Bert was super humble as a person and really dedicated and hard working. Wierdest night ever, was technically working for the sound guys, after being hired by the promoters, ended up setting up for sound check, then put together the rider, and yes, it was dope. I'm talking chocolate, vodka, beer, fruit, chips, smegging cheese, man everything. I got so pissed I barely remember clearing up the sound gear after it all, but I got paid in cash and mega sloshed for nothing, while hanging out with some decent people. Qbert signed my copy of doctor octagon. Dope. Wicked Graf looking signature too. Kool keith was a great show, he has so many albums and personas that he kind of spoken worded some shit, and if enough people freaked then he'd do the track.

Anyway, enough reminiscing about the past. Anyone else seen some good live acts?

Kool Keith is one of the biggest trippers out there. Saw him years ago, off guts. Also caught his compadre Motion Man with Kutmasta Kurt ages ago too. Got them to sign a bunch of stuff.

Swollen Members, one of the best live acts i've seen. Seen Mix Master Mike twice on his own and another 2 times with the beasties. Caught Beasties, J5 and Snoop a couple of years ago, snoop was a last minute surprise annoucement and I kid you not, I never listened to much of his stuff but he put on an unreal show.

Hilltops, always a good show. Muph n Plutonic also good for a watch. The herd, I jumped on stage and asked the chick from the herd to marry me once.... LC was funny, and koolism were good too live.

she said no. Good show none the less.

Plenty of others, not heaps of big acts though. I do want to check out Qbert some day, and the Roots next time they come around.

For local acts, check out Illzilla, SS Pecker and DJ Mugen, all good underrated stuff!

I am so glad we have radio stations like jjj over here. It means that good local stuff can

actually get a bit of exposure to a wider audience.

It is only through jjj and mates who are into the scene that I have found about some of these

acts.

Would also like to give SS Pecker a plug, as my guitar teacher plays with them. :bash:

just remembered, lyrical commission are good to.

ummm i can't say I'm lucky enough to see any live yet ay haha, but i once freestlyled against some bloke from obese records in earth nightclub toilets off me chops haha, he was atual crap an was hell impressed with me hahaha funny times, alright lets all go up stairs for a boog.

lady saw and a love are pretty good too, although i'm not sure where they're from. I love bands like hilltop hoods and the herd, there's actually meaning behind the lyrics and it's not all about sex and money. The streets are pretty awesome. Robyn is a style all of her own, I'm not sure what you'd class her as. Check out these two clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0CvysYjubU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_h_rLKTLvs

What d'ya think?

just remembered, lyrical commission are good to.

ummm i can't say I'm lucky enough to see any live yet ay haha, but i once freestlyled against some bloke from obese records in earth nightclub toilets off me chops haha, he was atual crap an was hell impressed with me hahaha funny times, alright lets all go up stairs for a boog.

amen

funny story

Edited by mitch4397