Ke38 4agte Motor Is Out

duggy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your dreaming if you think your going to get another 250hp by simply increasing the boost pressure....

While it's running low boost everything will be built around the motor prepared for much higher boost.

so i wont just be winding it up and hoping for the best.

Please no more hijacking.

what do you mean can you explain?

The last time i saw an exhaust manifold glow red was because the gasket wasnt quite sealing properly and the oxygen it was puling in made it burn hotter, hence the red glow

I'd check everything to make sure it's all sealed, tightened etc and then see what happens

The only other time i saw a manifold glow red was on you tube and the engine was running about 30 pound boost and putting out about 1100hp

update the hole bye bye thing was a bit of a joke it was on the truck on its way to the dyno. but the tune didnt go that well tonight i got 200hp at 5500rpm at 14psi but my altenator is f@$ked so i couldnt get the voltage to keep the spark up after that. so goin back friday with a new 5sge altenator so should have no problems. also for all you skeptics who said it would be to laggy it started making boost at 2800rpm so i need a bigger turbo hahaha

also for all you skeptics who said it would be to laggy it started making boost at 2800rpm so i need a bigger turbo hahaha

You tell'em duggy!

200 isnt half bad with a shitted alternator...well done!

so i'm guessing it will push more like 250-300? are you thinking more or less?

Yeah it was sounding pretty good as it comes on boost at 7psi, but at just under 11 volts didn't cut it in the spark department with the boost wound up. At 13.5V the spark is going to be nearly 20% stronger. I think 250hp at 16psi is doable with good spark, 300hp at 20psi if it takes it. You should wind that wastegate actuator down to 3 psi to get the boot controller working too, will hopefully get rid of those boost spikes.

I wouldn't be too worried about how the tune went, just a couple of teething problems, which are always going to show up with a fresh engine swap, esp on the dyno :yes:. All rumours say the 1ZZ coil has enough bang on a 2JZ turbo with 500hp = 83 hp a cyl. So a 4 cylinder should handle about 333hp atw on them.

Yeah it was sounding pretty good as it comes on boost at 7psi, but at just under 11 volts didn't cut it in the spark department with the boost wound up. At 13.5V the spark is going to be nearly 20% stronger. I think 250hp at 16psi is doable with good spark, 300hp at 20psi if it takes it. You should wind that wastegate actuator down to 3 psi to get the boot controller working too, will hopefully get rid of those boost spikes.

I wouldn't be too worried about how the tune went, just a couple of teething problems, which are always going to show up with a fresh engine swap, esp on the dyno :yes:. All rumours say the 1ZZ coil has enough bang on a 2JZ turbo with 500hp = 83 hp a cyl. So a 4 cylinder should handle about 333hp atw on them.

yeah dude hopefully it is that but anyway ill see you this arvo oh and veroon (spelling) said i can get back tomorrow