Doug's Delicious 5k Ke30

DouggehKE30

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New center console in aswell. as I have a KE70 5 speed the shifter is further back and i could not use the original center console.

When i was looking for a choke cable in a AUTO KE55 i noticed the hole was in a good spot for where my shifter is.

I had to sand it a little, but now fits like a charm. Most people wouldnt know it wasnt stock.

post-6023-1221663301_thumb.jpg

pics of dash soon

Looks like a nice neat KE30 there doug. Get that polish on your sigma pepper pots :) $500 is a good price for a 5K if you know its in decent nic, add a decent exhaust, a mild cam and some nice induction happening and its easy to come close to doubling there factory output. It's a pity about the 3T, torque is fun, nothing that a few psi can't sort out ;)

The "Storage Compartment" can be fitted to sit with that console. If you look through my thread from my KE30 you'll be able to see what I've done. Personally I think the KE3x/KE55 console shouldn't be exchanged for the KE70 one. I really like what you've done, I've had that idea before if I were to have to have a KE70 5 speed.

i have a 5k with a 5speed (or 4-and-a-half as it would seem :hmm: ) and no new holes needed to be cut, i can't really give details because i bought it like that. so this makes me wonder why it was different in your case? :bash:

The reason the stick is further back is because the gearbox i sout of a KE70.

As for the KE70 center console, i am trying to keep the car as original as possible :) Even though it would be handy to put a drink in i guess :wink:

Definatly need to polish up the rims. :lolcry: I have seen what they look like polished ;)

5K mods are when i can aford it, and have time. As I am "Dougie the Pizza boy" i need my car for work. So mods= no car for a wile=no work=no $$

And yes mmmmm PSI :rolls:

Thanks for all the coments :hmm:

Have taken some pictures of my improved dash.

You probably can't notice much difference.

The only thing i wanted to do was to put the clock in and tack the taco out.

This turned into probly about 15+ hrs worth of work :hmm:

Because the original dash panel and instrument cluster were modified to put the taco in i then needed to bye new ones....more money

I'm not going into details, but long story short was a BIG headache that hasn't gone away yet (read in mechanical forum KE##)

All i ended up doing was tidy up all the wires behind the dash, bolt in head unit as it was just floating around, cut hole in new dash panel and obviously the clock.

Note; Adomiter stuck on 209999

post-6023-1222405855_thumb.jpg

I reset the head unit further back into the dash and made the hole in the dash panel smaller, so only the face pokes out, looks allot neater i think

New. note allot neater then the old one (cigerett doing a burnout :yes: )

post-6023-1222405899_thumb.jpgOLD->post-6023-1222406158_thumb.jpg

post-6023-1222405883_thumb.jpg

Next on the list other then teeding problems, actually bye some Autosol, to mack thing all SHINEY