Doug's Delicious 5k Ke30

DouggehKE30

Pretty sure I was reading it off the label on a bottle sitting on my desk ;) CarGo is one word, and your post didn't actually state the name of the product, which is Metallic Seal-Up. I hope if I came to your store and asked for a can of WD40 you wouldn't need the brand name to find it on the shelf :wink:

Pretty sure the brand is Car Go :) I sell it for a living and your post didnt state it :D

Anyway, back on topic

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I was reading it off the label on a bottle sitting on my desk :D CarGo is one word, and your post didn't actually state the name of the product, which is Metallic Seal-Up. I hope if I came to your store and asked for a can of WD40 you wouldn't need the brand name to find it on the shelf :wink:

hahahaha. Prawned

Pretty sure I was reading it off the label on a bottle sitting on my desk ;) CarGo is one word, and your post didn't actually state the name of the product, which is Metallic Seal-Up. I hope if I came to your store and asked for a can of WD40 you wouldn't need the brand name to find it on the shelf :wink:

People still use WD40 these days? Shit, you're behind in time...:D

Try some INOX or Loctite Freeze and Release ;)

I'll admit, I've only read as far as the brand name goes and I don't pick the parts, I entered the part number into our database which brings up the item and the delivery drivers go and pick it :)

I guess that goes to show that you have no idea on how the business operates, more to the point, I have to interpret enquiries and location of parts on cars all via phone and maybe 2% of my job is face-to-facet customer contact.

Again, back on topic ;)

Edited by Raven

Again, back on topic ;)

Yea my car is preaty sweet :D

Did a hills run Saturday night, with the 3k, wasnt too bad i guess, I turned the amp and sub off so i probly had double the power :)

By the end of a long VERY windy bit i had to stop to let my brakes cool down, they smelt glorious :wink:

Edited by DouggehKE30

hi there.can i ask when you put the ke70 box to the 5k motor.did you have to change the tail shaft?

i want to do the same with my ke30. with the gear stick closer to me.i'm assuming the box bolted up to the motor without any trouble?. i have a 5k motor with a 4 speed in my car.

was there any hassle with the speedo cable.. cheers andy

hi there.can i ask when you put the ke70 box to the 5k motor.did you have to change the tail shaft?

i want to do the same with my ke30. with the gear stick closer to me.i'm assuming the box bolted up to the motor without any trouble?. i have a 5k motor with a 4 speed in my car.

was there any hassle with the speedo cable.. cheers andy

Everything bolts up fine, need to cut a hole.

Speedo was fine.

By memory the clutch cable seemed to be a bit short (not %100)

Might need to change the plugs for the reverse light.

Doug

Everything bolts up fine, need to cut a hole.

Speedo was fine.

By memory the clutch cable seemed to be a bit short (not %100)

Might need to change the plugs for the reverse light.

Doug

yeh thanks for that.i'm going to do the same.how short is or was the clutch cable? sorry to be fussy but like you i need my car daily.and i can only change it on week ends. cheers

yeh thanks for that.i'm going to do the same.how short is or was the clutch cable? sorry to be fussy but like you i need my car daily.and i can only change it on week ends. cheers

Now i think about it, it probably wasn't any shorter, i just probably put it in funny. Good luck with it, i makes allot of difference driving around.

Doug.

• 2 weeks later...

:argh: :) AHHGHH!!!! :D :argh:

I used to have a original overrated dash, i took the dash mat off yesturday and look at what i found :sob:

post-6023-1225178608_thumb.jpg

This has opened up in the last 3 or so weeks. As i put some dash protector on about then.

This even more annoying as i use a dash mat and a shiney sun visor thingo.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent this from opening up any further, and to prevent others from opening?

....I acually looked on the site for more information like a good boy. I found some information on why it cracked...

The moment you put on anything like Armor All, you have to keep on applying it or the dash dries out and cracks. Not good at all.
Thanks Raven. :yes:

I do wish i knew this before :sob:

I will look into dash restoration.....More $$$ :P

Edited by DouggehKE30

I have also found a 5k short moter. As Dad is a mechanic his words were "needs a bit of work but its worth byeing for the price"

Now he tels me that it is going to cost me at least $700 to rebuild, as it need to be honed/bored, new pistons, rings, barings...and the list goes on. But as i also wanted to do some cam and head work will be closer to $1000.

This anoyes me as i looked into a 7ke import, and I could find one with not too much looking around for $1300, and he said it was a waist of money and didn't want to have to do so much work moding the sump etc. :)

(rant)

Now that is out of the way, i bought some 13" hubys, so when i run out of tred on my Sigma rims i will get some stockies and white walls and lower it. :argh:

Ohh, and have sort of gone halves in a KE30 4 door to put my 3t in :D

And thats about it. :P

Doug

Edited by DouggehKE30

I don't have too much to update, so i thought i would put up the pictures of this dent :(

I got this from the F%$#&%^ING C%#T that hit my car when i got the rego transfered. I had only had the car for less then a week. :? :'(

I think about what i should do to the person that did this every day, if it was male it would probably involve something like a vise and his jewelry. :poke: ;) :D :D :rant: :jason: :osama: :jamie: :D

You can't see too much in the pic but its a desent dent, the worst thing was that the door was overrated!!!!!! There was no fading, scratches or dents in the door at all GOD DAMM IT :rant:

post-6023-1225688165_thumb.jpg

post-6023-1225688127_thumb.jpg

post-6023-1225688092_thumb.jpg

And thats that

Doug

Dad and I pull apart the new block tonight. :)

He said that the crank will need machining as the bearings are worn.

The cam also needs to be ground or replaced as it is also worn.

New lifter as they are....old? might look into converting to solid, might be cheaper?

I will also need the block machined as it has pitting.

I will also look into new pistons as these ones have been worn a bit hand have random marks on them like a angle grinder :bash:

I can take some picture if anyone is interested.

So i will be looking into where to get this stuff machined/bye from.

Dad said he will pay for half :) as I have no money and he bought my sister a newish car.

Thats about it for now

Any help appreciated

Doug

[email protected]

• 4 weeks later...
noice car mate! :y:

I love the interior man looks sick

Armour all is bad stuff :) my dads always told me not to use it :)

Wow, I havent checked this in ages.

Thanks for the comment mate.

I am still so pissy about my dash.

Still waiting for my 5k to be machined/cleaned, been weeks.

Also getting a small cam grind, what ever they do is what i get.

Sticking with hydrolic lifters.

Probably should get some extractors, and carby upgrade, but have no money, and dad wont bye any for me, coz he is boring. He is paying for everything else though so not that fused.

New exhaust off mates KE30, hot dog, twin tips on a weird angle, SO loud, gonna change soon. pics soon.

Also VENETIONS!!!!! :P In a S.A cruise thread i mention my friend crashed her Sunny. :sob: I borrowed the venations out of the sunny until she gets a new car that is running.

Looks SOO SWEET! THANKS JENNA! pics soon.

Ohh, and new sub box, as my old setup sounded bad, not enough air behind sub, less boot=moor bass=Doug happy :sob: Thanks Kristion (previous owner btw)

Thats about it. post some recent pics soon

Doug

I promised pics....

in secret location, thats obviously not so secret as there are tyre tracks every ware.

note my great photography skills :D

gallery_6023_115_380619.jpg

gallery_6023_115_56522.jpg

gallery_6023_115_472284.jpg

gahh, needs to be lowered. But can't as it scrubs on the inside of the guard at the rear as it is. I am waiting for steelies and hubbies :P