Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corolla Seca Rv

Featured Replies

I was just reading the CAMS manual and i noticed this in the 'production rally cars' section

Cars currently recognised are:

Toyota Corolla Levin (AE111)

Mazda MX-5 (fitted with hardtop)

Toyota MR2 (pre-2000 naturally-aspirated models)

Toyota Corolla Seca RV, Corolla GT and FXGT; AE101; AE102 (all fitted with 4AGE 20 valve engine)

 

One of my mates has a seca 'RV' and it has a 4AFE engine. I've always thought his car was a bit suss, wrong front grille for his year model, mismatched paint here and there etc. But if it really is an RV seca, should it have a 20v? it's a late 94' model, can't remember the chassis code. So is his an earlier model RV without the 20v, or did he get ripped off?

I was just reading the CAMS manual and i noticed this in the 'production rally cars' section

 

 

One of my mates has a seca 'RV' and it has a 4AFE engine. I've always thought his car was a bit suss, wrong front grille for his year model, mismatched paint here and there etc. But if it really is an RV seca, should it have a 20v? it's a late 94' model, can't remember the chassis code. So is his an earlier model RV without the 20v, or did he get ripped off?

most of OUR RV's had the 7AFE (1.8) engine fitted. I've never come across a local example with anything but.

Edited by Bowler

most of OUR RV's had the 7AFE (1.8) engine fitted. I've never come across a local example with anything but.

Ditto.

i've got an ae102r rv seca and its got 7afe

There was a one make series for RV Corollas in the Australian Rally Championship a few years ago now (more like 10 I guess !) I suspect they have allowed a 20 valve in them so that they remain useful to people who want to buy a used rally car.

There was a one make series for RV Corollas in the Australian Rally Championship a few years ago now (more like 10 I guess !) I suspect they have allowed a 20 valve in them so that they remain useful to people who want to buy a used rally car.

 

I'd agree with this, no production car sold new in Australia was ever fitted with a 20V engine, they're all imports or conversions.

  • Author

So its not the original engine? :eatlead: It's definately not a 7afe.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.