Ke25 Hydraulic Clutch Conversion

s0oty

Members dont see this ad

i used an NG Pajero master cylinder, its short enough to fit behind the inlet manifold even with the motor sitting as far back as it will go. My mate welded in a metal plate into the firewall to support it so it wouldn't flex; the firewall WILL flex if you don't support it somehow.

make up some new hard lines and then a flex line to the slave cylinder. bit less to do if you use a JDM T50 as the clutch fork is on the inlet side.

i used an NG Pajero master cylinder, its short enough to fit behind the inlet manifold even with the motor sitting as far back as it will go. My mate welded in a metal plate into the firewall to support it so it wouldn't flex; the firewall WILL flex if you don't support it somehow.

make up some new hard lines and then a flex line to the slave cylinder. bit less to do if you use a JDM T50 as the clutch fork is on the inlet side.

or a celica t50

if you are running it in a ke2# this will give the closest result to factory shifter position too

depending on how you have mounted the engine

t50 is a alloy split case 22 spline.

I've got the 4age twin carbed as well if that makes a diff to where and what gets used.

Looks like either the clutch fork is a cable type of it's been modded to suit cable.

I've been wondering where and how firewall is braced for clutch m/cyl.

Has anyone got some pics of their swap?

Cheers Pieman. You've done a good job there. That's given me some good ideas.

Here's some pictures of my engine bay with and without motor. (still learning on how to post pics so forgive me if these don't show up)

post-6111-1218785944_thumb.jpg

The remote booster is on rh guard just behind headlamp.

I should have enough room to mount clutch m/c inline with pedal. I've been given a m/c and slave (i think off a ae85/6) etc so I'll see if that fits.

Edited by s0oty

While the motor is out I'm going to re-do brakes set-up.

Deciding to use an adjustable pedal box with triple m/c's. Will make hydro clutch mod easier too.

What has been used or what is recommended?

I know Wilwood has some good set-ups, but which type of set-up would be best? :jamie:

give pete a call a Hoppers Stoppers in victoria (hoppers crossing) he has engineered complete brake set up kits for twin piston calipers . or google him he has pis on the website

I have the hopper stopper twin piston kit on my car the only problem i found is that the front shocks and springs need t be changed to suit the extra unsprung weight. They do work pretty good not quite as i expect but i think the length of the push rod(? the part that push on the piston of the master cyl) needs to made longer.