15" Tyres On A Ke20

Rob74coupe

anyone here running 15" rims on a rolla?

i bought an n13 pulsar with 15" rims and rooted rubber.. just wondering what profile i'd need to fit under the guards... would tubbing be mandatory?

i don't really want super low profile tyres cos I'm cheap, i think they have 185/50 r15's on em now... would they fit? (i have early hubs for now so i can't try yet otherwise i would) and anyone know a rough price per tyre???

cheers,

rob

p.s. would the offset screw me?? or would it just stick out of the guards heaps??

Members dont see this ad
Mazda 626 rims fit on ke20's as I have a set on one of mine, but they are 13's. :dance:

yea, I'm rockin the 626 stockies at the moment, i love the chrome rings! i just figured they'd either be 4x100 (not likely?) or 4x114.3 (more likely?)

and ive got parts for my ke70 front brake conversion on the way...

offset would be a bitch i suppose... fwd rims on a rwd are a definite no go then??

:dance: :dance:

Maybe Rob74 doesn't have a tape measure............

:dance:

the pcd of the rims is a moot point seeing as i can use either the early (4x100) hubs or the later (4x114.3)..

what i WAS asking was what profile tyres would i need to put 15"s on a ke20

i know now they wont fit because of the offset (not the pcd) but if i find a set that do fit...

thanks for mocking me anyway though

cheers,

rob

I'm good at mocking. :dance:

I've run 185/60-14's on Dwarf. 14x6 rims, Mazda offset. You could easily run 185/55-15's, possibly even 195's.

185/50-15's would be actually very close to the right rolling diameter.

Does this help?

Falcon ziex in 195/50/15's cost me $75 each new from kieth for wheels but they follow the ruts in the road, Good wet weather tyre though.

Bridgestone tend to have a stronger sidewall than other brand, Pricks to get on rims if they are 35 or 40 too because they don't stretch much. Yokohama C drive are a reasonable tyre and are somewhat cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
I've got 205/50/15's in the back and 135's up front right now but soon to be 185/60/15's up front since I drive this on the street.

1000581pt2.jpg

hehe, ive since found 6 jellybean mags... 2 of em are super fat, theyve got like 220s on em!! tyres arent allowed to stick out past the guard are they??

i think they look stupid when they do anyway but i work with what ive got!

what would 6 jelly bean mags be worth? the 2 super fat ones have 5 "beans" and the other 4 have 6 "beans" and 1 of them is a size between the two fat ones and the other three? I'm guessing i have 3 6 inch rims, 1 7 inch rim and 2 8 inch rims?? any expressions of interest in em??

and i swapped the pulsar with the 15's for a GA galant... so that sorta explains why ive lost interest in the rolla for the time being when i can put a 2.6 in the galant for $100 :sob:

(and the jellybeans came with the galant but theyre 4x100 so they only fit the rolla (galants 4x114.3))

whats a good profile to run on 14's thats not too exspensive?? i have a set of 14" scorpion alloys lying around just waiting for rubber..

cheers,

rob