Ke30 2Door...Almost Done

skd30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so its been a while, thought ide put up some pics of rubbing back....this is a hit with 400 or the orbital (as advised by the pros) and next ill be in there with 600 going over the whole lot to get it super smooth.

Uni holidays start in about 5 weeks so I'm hoping to get it on the road then and sell the 55 as i can't afford 2 regos.

pics

rubbignback001.jpg

rubbignback006.jpg

rubbignback007.jpg

post-6534-1272451155_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
hey bud sorry to bother ya but any more progress really coming along

Your not bothering..i was planning to post again soon. I haven't done anything. I'm back home for the uni holidays and its gonna get done, ill be taking a week off work soon to get the paint on and start putting it back together. My KE55 is getting very tired so i need to get the 2 door on the road....soooo, over the next few weeks you'll see some new pic and progress :-). Also dad turned my work area into his work area so i have to clean his massive mess up first lol

Thats it...had a good day rubbadub rubbing, gonna try get this friday off again to do more. found a couple more divits that needed filling so bit for prier to put on and more sanding. Nothing worth showing really but theres a quick update

• 3 weeks later...

Got the day off again today to work on the car. IT RUNS IT RUNS... got my electric dizzy all sorted out and it runs

The 3k in it hasn't been started for around 2 years now, just put some fresh oil in it, water in the radiator, and a new oil filter, pulled th ecarby apart and gave it a good clean and thats about it.

So today i got the dizzy all hooked up right and poured some petty in the carby and after about 5 mins of mucking about away she went :-D....gotta love the K motors

Engine bay is pretty much complete now all cables and such. lights in and a few other bits.

Sorry no pics, i lost my camera...no idea where it is, i thought it was in the shed. Mum left her camera at work and dads is broken....so no pics till Monday when i get mums...sorry folks

Tomoro its back to body work, bit more primer to cover a few fixed dints i found and some more and lots more rubbing to do

hey mate, awwwesome rebuild, doing it properly first time I'm doing the same with my ta22, ground up no nut left untouched lol

i was hoping ya could answer a few questions

did you apply any rust preventative paint or primer on the under body before the tar or did you just apply the tar to the baremetal?

how much did it roughly cost to do it?

did ya do it with rattle cans or with a spray gun?

cheers keep up the orgazmic rebuild

matty

hey mate, awwwesome rebuild, doing it properly first time I'm doing the same with my ta22, ground up no nut left untouched lol

i was hoping ya could answer a few questions

did you apply any rust preventative paint or primer on the under body before the tar or did you just apply the tar to the bare metal?

how much did it roughly cost to do it?

did ya do it with rattle cans or with a spray gun?

cheers keep up the orgazmic rebuild

matty

Thanks for the kind words mate. Yeah I'm a strong believe in 'do it once do it properly'.

Nah no primer or anything, took all the crap under there off with a wire brush on and angle grinder. There was some old fish oil in places, anyway, all off and then just blasted the stuff under, doesnt need a primer.

It comes in a 4 liter drum and you spray it on with a special gun. A good friend (mechanic) i know had a gun that does fish oil and tar spraying so i just borrowed that.... i will again to do the fish oil once all the paintwork is done.

can't remember the cost, think it was bout 150 for the drum, as for the gun not sure what sorta prices good ones are (here's one on ebay, he has a good one, no idea how these cheaper ones would go http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-Body-Dead...item335e58b10d).

Hope this helps, ill find the name of the product i used when I'm back at the shed tomoro and post it up here.

Simon

Thanks for the kind words mate. Yeah I'm a strong believe in 'do it once do it properly'.

Nah no primer or anything, took all the crap under there off with a wire brush on and angle grinder. There was some old fish oil in places, anyway, all off and then just blasted the stuff under, doesnt need a primer.

It comes in a 4 liter drum and you spray it on with a special gun. A good friend (mechanic) i know had a gun that does fish oil and tar spraying so i just borrowed that.... i will again to do the fish oil once all the paintwork is done.

can't remember the cost, think it was bout 150 for the drum, as for the gun not sure what sorta prices good ones are (here's one on ebay, he has a good one, no idea how these cheaper ones would go http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-Body-Dead...item335e58b10d).

Hope this helps, ill find the name of the product i used when I'm back at the shed tomoro and post it up here.

Simon

cheers for that simon, helped heaps nearly up to that stage of re applying the body tar

cheers for that simon, helped heaps nearly up to that stage of re applying the body tar

I used stuff by these guys. I used the "underbody spray on" little bit down the page on this site http://www.khst.com.au/index_autotrade.html.

Here's so,me dodgy pics i took with my phone, ill get some better ones next time theres progress. There cars looking a little filthy, dad just build a new kitchen fo rin the house next to my car so there was alot of dust flying around...the tarp over the tops helped but didnt keep anywhere near all of the dust off. Anyway here goes...

The gearstick relocation, was and auto and manual now so had to do something. I went the option of riveting a plate down cause I'm not to sure if ill change the engine in the future and may need to relocate again, so didn't want to weld anything in

bit of high density foam under it to seal it down.

17072010004b.jpg

Pretty bit Stainless for $7.50 lol

17072010010.jpg

Pretty much the complete engine bay, just missing the wiper motor and horns, wiper bottle and radiator over flow bottle thinks that about.

17072010001.jpg

Off with the old on with a new

17072010009.jpg

Wired up the electric dizzy with plugs and a bit of heat shrink to keep it tidy

17072010002.jpg

First section of the exhaust, painted in potbelly black 300 deg C heat proof...if it peals it peals, doesn't really bother me. looks good for now lol

170720100081.jpg

And finally all pedals in and steering column.

17072010005.jpg

Simon.