Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20me's Ke10 And Ke11 Corollas

Featured Replies

ben that would be awsome.. i heard that motor has low comp though... and i dunno if i can be bothered doing another rotary conversion... one into a ke10 would be a challange, need to put in a whole new trans tunnel if you want to run a decent gearbox, would need bigger diff, and definatley decent size disc and sus setup on the front. then it will never be engineered due to the power to weight ratio...

 

i duno I'm thinking of dropping the 5k off for a complete rebuild etc etc with a few bits a pieces next week and then chucking on my side draft webbers and just running that.. from what i have heard the little ke10's go good with a 5k..my ke11 is not to bad with is 3k if its only just me in the car haha :)

 

got it locally... snapped it up as soon as i saw it. was looking at more modern cars as a daily... but as soon as i saw it i had to have it!! ;)

 

Haha yeah man would be a bitch of a conversion, and it would be off the road for even longer lol. K engine it is Henry.

 

Oh and when I say k engine I mean stock 3k and sell me the 5K :y:

 

I remember seeing it on carsales dude, I didn't really like the black out on the boot and the pics didn't look anything that great for the price so didn't look at it. Haha I was kickin myself when I went round yours and I had a bit of a look. so fukin clean :D

 

Cheers, Ben.

  • Replies 160
  • Views 83.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Haha yeah man would be a bitch of a conversion, and it would be off the road for even longer lol. K engine it is Henry.

 

Oh and when I say k engine I mean stock 3k and sell me the 5K ;)

 

I remember seeing it on carsales dude, I didn't really like the black out on the boot and the pics didn't look anything that great for the price so didn't look at it. Haha I was kickin myself when I went round yours and I had a bit of a look. so fukin clean :)

 

Cheers, Ben.

 

 

yea the pics were very average...

 

i was very suprised when i walked up the driveway at how clean and original it was.

 

the boot is black cause its an SL model... I'm getting to like it.. bit unqiue.

 

hahah the 5k staying took me a while to find one... they are getting harder and harder to get these days!!!

 

 

 

update for the daily kE11

 

got the radiator freshly recored... was working fine, but with summer coming up...( the fins had seen better days) it would to have been done sooner or later... so i thought i would get it done why i can etc...

 

also got a ten inch thermo fan and temp switch, as the standard 2 blade clutch fan is not that effective.

 

completely serviced it as well, diff and gearbox oil, engine oil, all filters, spark plugs, leads etc.etc. running beautifully!!!! only other thing i might do is the points, and get a tune.

 

 

loving it so far though, :rolls: gets heaps of looks ahah

 

cheers for all the comments!! :lolcry:

 

 

henry

  • Author

mounted it to the front of the rad (grille side), so it pushes the air through... you can change the fan blades around or the palarity by swapping the wires...

 

there was not enough room to fit any fan inbetween the engine and rad.

 

got it from sprint auto, was like $85.00 then temp switches are around the 40 dollar mark.

 

no pics as yet. will post some up..

 

cheers

 

henry

I got a lancer one the other day, but its a 12 inch. I reckon I might be able to fit it at the front, I'm about to go and check...

 

Given the stock fan was a steel 2 blade, anything should be an improvement!!!

  • Author

its definatley an improvement thats for sure..! :yes:

 

 

the daily got a tune and timing done and points done today running sweet as :dance:

 

car just needs a good wash and polish ;)

hey henry! how are we?

 

ke11 looks the shit ay, :yes: hey you wouldnt have any ke26 parts?? could be keen on some ke20 parts if so ill pm ya.

 

i like the twin white walls ay might go the same on the wags, 5k sounds good I'm after one myself, have you ever done a 7k convertion??? :hmm:

 

cheers, haydo.

  • Author
hey henry! how are we?

 

ke11 looks the shit ay, :y: hey you wouldnt have any ke26 parts?? could be keen on some ke20 parts if so ill pm ya.

 

i like the twin white walls ay might go the same on the wags, 5k sounds good I'm after one myself, have you ever done a 7k convertion??? :hmm:

 

cheers, haydo.

 

 

haven't got any 26 parts haydo... but if your keen on 20 parts shoot a pm over with what your after and well go from there.

 

na haven't done a 7k conversion but from what i have heard its not too hard. :y:

  • 5 weeks later...

Hey mate, you don't deliver pizzas do you? I had a good look over your car the other day near a local pizza establishment......

 

I'd love to take a geez at your thermo fan setup, next time I see it parked out the front of the pizza shop I'll come looking for ya!

 

TP.

  • Author

hahah not a problem man :jamie:

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

bit of an update for the daily kE11

 

the original 3k had a leaking rear main seal... not to bad only needed to top it up every now and then... buut now that i have finished uni i have heaps of time on my hands...

 

 

sooo

 

 

i pulled the 3k out, and after reading the following link --->http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=20143 to do with putting a 5k in a ke11 i relised how easy the swap was!

 

i have come to the conclusion that i would be silly not to put it in.... bit more power and i already had the motor and webber sitting there! :(

 

the ke11, already had non standard exhuast with extractors (probably just a replacement as the orignial one most likley rusted away) so i can run my delloroto webber due to the fact that the 'redline' manifold i have will fit!

 

i have had a 5k sitting in the shed for ages, i was planning on putting into my ke10 one day when its eventually resprayed... but for the time being its going in the white ke11...

 

 

so the rocket cover, alternator, manifold, and timing cover are off getting polished

 

i bought a complete seal conversion kit, sump, timing, rocket, thermostate housing, exhuast and inlet manifolds and everything else etc... so when it goes in i won't have any leaks *fingers crossed*

 

I'm going to paint the block in black engine enamel...

 

the engine bay to beguin with it wasn't too bad..but i hit it up with the high pressure hose and degreaser came up fairly clean!!! so i don't reckon i will bother respraying it as i think it might ruin the originality of the car as well... :wink:

 

I'm on the lookout for some front ke20 struts, hubs, and disc brakes so it stops a bit better as well :y:

 

ill get some pics up shortly of the progress.

Edited by kE20ME

Cool :wink:

 

So will be stock 5K with twin or single Dellortos?

 

At least now you wont have to rev its guts out driving it haha

 

Cheers, Ben.

 

ps slam it nice and low while you have it off the road :(

  • Author

single.....

 

 

haha i dunno about the slamming side of things.. :y: :P

single.....

 

 

haha i dunno about the slamming side of things.. :y: :P

 

ke1#s don't look to bad standard height I suppose lol

 

Cheers, Ben.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.