Automotive Painters - Recommendations

kangaroosa

Well the Rotorolla is due back from the workshop in a few weeks, and the next step is to get her painted. I'm trying to find a painter that will happily wheel my car in, mask it up and spray it for Cash.

Seems simple.....

A few places in Moorabbin wont even entertain the thought unless they do the bodywork and prep. Body work is already done....

They had a scenario where a bloke prepped his own car and paid the panel beaters to spray it. Months later rust bubbles appeared in the blokes car and thus he took them to court and won. Stupid i know, considering the painters only pulled the trigger and had nothing to do with the bodywork. So its a case of once bitten, twice shy.

So I'm keen to know if you have contacts/recommendations for a beaters that will push my car in, Mask it up and spray it. All rubbers and glass are out.

Preferably South East region.

I'm not after one of those $599 thinners bath and cheap paint respray joints by the way.

I may just get fed up and spray it myself again in Acrylic.

Members dont see this ad

I got a contact for a bloke in bayswater, he's doing my car soonish.

2 pac in a propper spray booth and oven baked. I'll PM you his number and address.

I'm doing all the prep work and he's pulling the trigger, Cash.

EDIT Oh yeah, I had the same problem as you got. No one wants to even look at my car. I told them it will be a rolling Shell and they said "nope don't wanna know about it mate. No one took me seriously. So I said f*** it, i'll do it my self, Thats where this guy came in.

Edited by Johno

If you are up for a tow, call Phil at PA Paints in Ballarat. He has done all my cars. My 20 was done in two days (2 pac) and was over 5 years old when you saw it. If you have the time (and cash) give him a call on 53 396163.

PS. I can understand why the painters didn't want to touch the car if they didn't do the repairs after seeing an FJ ute that had been "repaired" by someone. Both sills fitted into a shoebox.......... and it isn't the guy who repaired it who gets his reputation f#$ked.

Here's the guy in bayswater, He's really helpfull and defanatly worth a visit.

He's always happy to help, tell him i sent you and he'll help you out.

I just bought a spraygun, thinners and primer and i got scotchbite, mixing cups, stiring sticks, extra spraytips and gun holder for free.

He mainly deals with selling paint but he does spray cars and has a spray booth and oven and he knows his shit.

EDIT: forget the name and mobile number on the front card. Ossie - 0411 135 180

post-5444-1222324886.jpg

post-5444-1222324895.jpg

Edited by Johno

Here's the guy in bayswater, He's really helpfull and defanatly worth a visit.

He's always happy to help, tell him i sent you and he'll help you out.

I just bought a spraygun, thinners and primer and i got scotchbite, mixing cups, stiring sticks, extra spraytips and gun holder for free.

He mainly deals with selling paint but he does spray cars and has a spray booth and oven and he knows his shit.

EDIT: forget the name and mobile number on the front card. Ossie - 0411 135 180

post-5444-1222324886.jpg

post-5444-1222324895.jpg

Thanks mate, I'll give him a buzz as well as another one that was PM'd to me and i'll see if either entertain me.

Colin - Not really looking forward to transporting the car that far.

Keep forgetting that an hour or so is a long way for you big city types.......... :yes:

Just kidding. Thought I'd throw in a sponsor to get some business for him.

I drive 50mins to work, so its not the travel i am worried about.

I paid $140 to have my car towed from Springvale to Somerville. I can only imagine what they would charge to have it towed to Ballarat.

Any saving I make on the spray job, would be eaten up by the tow truck fee there and back.

Work is flat out at the moment, and Saturday work is now a regular thing for me.......so towing it myself is going to be more trouble than its worth.

Thanks for offer all the same.

I called Johno's recommendation today, only to be meet with a stern bloke who asked if i could call him back because he was busy?

silverra23's bloke was more than happy to look at it. Estimated about $1500 incl paint. I'll make a few more calls, but $1500 sounds fair assuming its a decent quality paint.

I called Johno's recommendation today, only to be meet with a stern bloke who asked if i could call him back because he was busy?

I went to pick up some more stuff from ossie this arvo, He swears like a trooper but he's really helpful. Give him a chance, he told me that you rang him and he was really busy and couldn't talk right then, he said to ring his mobile.

I went to pick up some more stuff from ossie this arvo, He swears like a trooper but he's really helpful. Give him a chance, he told me that you rang him and he was really busy and couldn't talk right then, he said to ring his mobile.

I've got someone else on the case at the moment. Just waiting to hear back on a price. If that falls through i'll get in touch with ossie.