Whats A Good Engine Convertion For My Ke26???

ke rollin 20

hey all, i have recently purchased a ke26 wagon and i want to do an engine upgrade but i have no idea what engine i should put in...?

I don't want it to be a crazy fast street machine, but i don't want it to be the slow original engine either as its going to be my work car/daily for many years to come.

I'm thinking just a 5k upgrade and 5spd convertion, but iv heard that the 5k's are hard to find and really hard to get parts for.... i don't mind the 4k's but they just don't do it for me untill you work the fark out of them.

soooo i dunno what other engine could i go ? basically i wont a reliable engine that has a bit of get up an go when it wants and that will last ages and wont cost me heaps, aaaaand i don't want to cut up my chasis, and i don't want it to be a big engine...with the petrol prices an all...

i dunno what else is there ??? all i no is the k series engines...

some ideas would be much appreciated.

cheers,haydo

Edited by ke rollin 20

Members dont see this ad
7ke + 5 speed is what you need. might cost a little but would be a great conversion into the wagon.

hmmmm interesting, any ideas where i can pick one of these up...? keen for a full reconditioned!

never had any issues finding bits for 5k's. REPCO used to stock the stuff.

OK, well thats abit more inviting then.

cheers for the info.

The one up in qld Tally, was on here for sale a while ago. I was keen on it too but lost contact with the owner.

Chuck in a 4K and 5-speed for now Haydo, they're everywhere and will get you going while you can keep your eye open for 7k ay :y:

Cheers, Ben.

Hey dude, is Ur KE26 the 4Door bamboo one that was getting around Adelaide? Or is it the white one from up north?

hey tally, na as ben said its from brisbane, it is a 4door and is a drak mustard (kinda light poo brown) colour, don't mind the colour atually tho.

The one up in qld Tally, was on here for sale a while ago. I was keen on it too but lost contact with the owner.

Chuck in a 4K and 5-speed for now Haydo, they're everywhere and will get you going while you can keep your eye open for 7k ay :)

Cheers, Ben.

ye ill be leavin the 4k in for a while, keen as on a 7ke yep yep. would get up an go for sure.