RedKE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey mate.... I had the same thing in my ke70... figured out it was comin in through the lights

My spare wheel well was filled right up same with the compartments down the sides. ended up drillin some holes for drainage and sealed my back lights up (they will never be able to come out again lol)

My boot is sweet now

Yea looks like ill have to get out the drill to, and get new seals for everything I can think of.

Ha ha forgot to say car looks good mate :laff:

Thanks, more pics up soon, seems some things are bent.

Edited by RedKE30

lOl, I spoke too soon. In my car I've removed the plug from the wheel well. It kept filling up with water and trying to rust my car. I tought that bitch a lesson.

:laff: Well done.

Got a new square headlight KE55 grill today, as my old one quite wrecked from this smash

IMG_05691.jpg

Did a test fit, and couldn't get it in properly. So removed the bent bumper and tried again. Still no luck :doh:. Seems the crash in the front was worse than I first thought. I started to get really worried then, I thought the car may have been in a major smash, but I did check it out through VicRoads beforehand so that didn't seem likely. Seems the radiator support is a bit bent, front apron probably needs to be replaced, along with passenger side front guard.

The white squares show where something is bent.

crashdamage.jpg

So it continues...

/end day

Time for an update. Went to Harvey Wreckers in Baxter on Saturday. Had a bit of a parts shopping list, and out of the 5 or so KE30-55's there was nothing that I needed. I only ended up buying the KE55 trims for the rear quarter panels. Going to get these chromed when I get everything else re-done. I like these ones more than mine.

26102008622.jpg

Today I bought some Pedders Super Lows springs for the front. The standard springs had been chopped amazingly short. No wonder they popped out every time the car was jacked up. Take a look at the comparison....

IMG_0812.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well I've been a bit slack lately. Haven't done as much as I'd like to have on the old girl. Looks like the plans have changed a bit for now. Going to get the car roadworthy so I can learn manual (yes I only have auto P's because I was slack), and then do the conversion later.

Gave the car a service the other day, new plugs, leads and fuel/air/oil filters, replaced a few globes. Fixed up the starting problem by installing a fuse holder in the starter solenoid relay, instead of the terrible wiring that was there. Sat there cranking it but it wouldn't start, so we sprayed some degreaser down the carby and that got her going :cool:.

Installed a new battery brace made from right angled steel, and made a brand new earth cable to the battery.

I was pulling my wiper motor out yesterday to pull it apart and see if I can get it moving faster, and tried to pull my washer bottle out because it was in the way but put my finger through it. So now I need to replace that along with the amazingly hard 30 year old washer lines and brittle connectors.

Shouldn't need too much more for roadworthy now, just check the brakes and get a new front apron. Hopefully it'll be on the road soon, but now I have to save for rego because it ran out today...it never ends.

Edited by RedKE30

just read your thread

really like your 30

looks mean as.

good to here it'll be on the road soon

i didn't know you had to get a separate licence over in melbourne for a manual car?

thats gay as!!

Hey mate,

Thanks for the kind words.

You don't really need to get a seperate licence, but when you do the test you choose either auto or manual. If you choose manual it covers both auto and manual.

Cheers,

Sian

• 1 month later...
The car has a prelude drivers seat in it at the moment. Was installed fairly badly. The prelude rails don't line up with the original holes, so a plate was put over the prelude rail and then bolted into the original hole.

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

You do realise that those plates that are 'put over' the original rails are WELDED to the stock rail underneath and the steel used was 6mm thick (3 times thicker than the stock rail). That type of installation has passed engineering previously, and do you not think the seat would have rocked about like crazy if it was just put over the stock rail as you say.

If it was such a death trap how come the previous owner didn't have an issue with the seat when he was involved in the accident that damaged the rear guard? Post up the full story next time or at least do your investigations before you go shooting your mouth.

You do realise that those plates that are 'put over' the original rails are WELDED to the stock rail underneath and the steel used was 6mm thick (3 times thicker than the stock rail). That type of installation has passed engineering previously, and do you not think the seat would have rocked about like crazy if it was just put over the stock rail as you say.

If it was such a death trap how come the previous owner didn't have an issue with the seat when he was involved in the accident that damaged the rear guard? Post up the full story next time or at least do your investigations before you go shooting your mouth.

I'll admit that I didn't realise the plates were welded to the rails until I pulled the seats out, but after checking over the rest of the car I assumed the worst.

For example, a 10mm think parcel shelf that doesn't allow the rear seat belts to be bolted back in. The solution? Stuff the seat belts under the rear seat. There was no engineers report to cover the seat rails, so I think I was perfectly within my right to say what I said, even though its none of your business.

And I wasn't "shooting my mouth", I was making observations based on what I'd seen and experienced with this car.

Thanks for your interest,

Sian

Edited by RedKE30

I'll admit that I didn't realise the plates were welded to the rails until I pulled the seats out, but after checking over the rest of the car I assumed the worst.

For example, a 10mm think parcel shelf that doesn't allow the rear seat belts to be bolted back in. The solution? Stuff the seat belts under the rear seat. There was no engineers report to cover the seat rails, so I think I was perfectly within my right to say what I said, even though its none of your business.

And I wasn't "shooting my mouth", I was making observations based on what I'd seen and experienced with this car.

Thanks for your interest,

Sian

Sorry mate but I owned the car at one stage and installed that drivers seat, that's what makes it my business. You could have at least corrected your comments with your later findings though. As for the rest of the problems with the car, news to me, all that was done after I sold it and I can understand your frustrations.

No there wasn't a report to cover the seat conversion, that was going to be done at a later stage all at once with the engine conversion, diff conversion, brake upgrade etc. I had consultation with the engineer regarding the seat conversion and had experience from previous cars I had engineered.

Good luck with your future endeavors on the vehicle and I hope it doesn't give you any more issues.

Edited by FatTony