Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling All Rolla Experts!

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

It is nearly time for me to think about putting my KE10 back together. I may have found a place that can cut and weld a new diff into my axle, or mod a new axle to match my offset and stud pattern.

 

My question is what ratio would best suit a 5K powered, 3spd auto KE10??

 

I will be mainly using her for Sunday strolls, but would also like to take her to the drags occasionally. Not hoping for anything overly fast, mid to low 16 would be fine. Top speed, as long as she can do 120km/h without breaking a sweat I'm happy.

 

I think her kerb weight is ~700kg?? If you need any more info let me know.

 

Cheers,

Ken

 

Edit: Also, does anyone know if the bumpers and grill are chrome plated (I'm hoping not...)?

Edited by Dunadan

  • Author

Not sure, but really struggles to go over 90km/h... (that was with 3k and 2spd)

See if you can find a little tag hanging off one of the diff bolt that should have a serial number and ratio printed on it.

Might not be able to find it if somebody has removed the diff befor and not put it back.

Short of that, count some teeth and we'll work it out. :P

  • Author

OK, going to visit her at the paint shop on Sunday.

 

AJ (My brother-in-law who is doing the respray) was saying he thought it could do with 3.8:1, as he is a panel beater I thought I'd get a few more opinions :P

not sure about ke10 but i think auto ke30 with jap diffs had a 4.1

if u want abit longer ratio maybe get a 3.9. would be slightly better for high speed cruiseing

depending on how long the auto gears are u might want a 3.7

 

my ke70 with a 4k and a 3.9 and 4 speed revs its head off at 100k's in 4th

I think a 3:5 would be ideal in my experience,

 

i think the highest available in stock though is 3:9

 

It can also depend on what wheels/tyres you choose to use.

 

ATM i am working 40min down the highway from my place,

so i have a large profile set of 15s on the back of old girl so it doesnt rev so hard to do 110.

  • Author

Thanks guys. I'm thinking between 3.7 - 3.9 sounds like the go.

The fact that it's a 5K I'm thinking I should lean on the 3.7 side of the equation?

use much extra fuel with the bigger tyres on? probably more apparent if you do some city driving?

It seems to use less on the highway, i think it was sitting at 110 with the secoundrys open a bit before, so now its avoiding that.

 

It probably would use more around town, a bit harder to get the thing moving.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.