Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Ben-89

Members dont see this ad

Thanks guys,

Its come up really, really nice. I just took my time putting it all back together (particularly the front end) as far as gaps and fitment is concerned but seeing it all one colour is a nice change. The front bar got a chance to be readjusted as it was tight on the LH corner so now it sits 5 or so mm away from the front beaver panel which is what I was after. Same too for the rear bar as the bottom corners of the end caps were rubbing onto the 1/4 panels.

When I was fitting the door cards back on I realised I hit a snag..... I forgot to put on the passenger door mirror! You'd usually think there is two nuts welded inside the door skin like the drivers door but no. This mirror had the self tap scews encased in these plastic thimbles which plugs into the door skin and is later secured by those metal square clips which screw on. I felt like a contorsionist bending my arm up through the door frame around the window regulator to get to the little suckers but it was worth it. Then later I put on the door cars (making sure the winders are all on the same position) :)

Just need to fit the new boot rubber and badging then its ready for a clean and drive!

April 7 marked 30 years of being registered. There is a bowls club down the road Sam, so I might just do that. Maybe if Rxsammy gets his reg+rwc we can go there, when its all complete and cleaned Rxsammy I'll come past

Edited by Ben-89

Apparently (from what I remember) the TCCAV have a lawn bowls event later this year. Might go to it in the panelvan with the 13s and the hubcaps on it, and maybe the sun-visor on it too. :)

Josh :cool:

Edited by JJT036

don't worry guys i'll let you guys know when the Corolla comes out. There is a Bowls club nearby in Brunswick, unfortunatley I couldnt put the car on there if I tried. Still though it had the big old sign saying its a bowls club.

There is also a velodrome not even a kay away... that would actually make a photo for your twinky Justin!

Ill find photos of both for you guys..

EDIT: Big big win! Managed to find and purchase a very good SE Spec bailey channel for the drivers door with a solid spine. Unlike my rusted out one which pops out when the window goes up. Ill put it on tomorrow!

the paint looks really great, excellent example of a ke70 and congrats on keeping it original...

just needs wide wheels and drop it on it bump stops lol jk... on serious note would you consider widening the steel wheels? i think that would look great and still look original...

the paint looks really great, excellent example of a ke70 and congrats on keeping it original...

just needs wide wheels and drop it on it bump stops lol jk... on serious note would you consider widening the steel wheels? i think that would look great and still look original...

Cheers Rob :y: , the thought has crossed my mind just for laughs but i'll leave it as it is.

Call dibs on being the awkward, out of place onlooker at said photoshoot :rolls:

Back on topic.

Ben, exactly which decals/striping will the car wear, if any, once reassembled?

Short answer: None, she was as standard as they came back in 1982, I'm guessing the owner wanted top option it up a bit with the money they wouldve saved from buying a mid spec CS that would have been around the $1,500 mark dearer. This retailed for $5,990 brand new. This looked more like the silver CS on the opposite page which must've been produced in higher numbers for the masses unlike the fleets like the SE which explains the rare sightings of them.

Mum had an SE from 1994 to 2001, it really was the identical twin. Same rego combination BJH, but was re registered, month of build and similiar body and engine numbers. We sold it with 200,000 on the clock.

Mums ke70, photos taken the day it was sold.

ke702001.jpg

Me in the drivers seat!

ke702001-1.jpg

The yellow "Golden Wattle" example.

brochure018.jpg

Awesome! We should do a photo shoot sometime aye :)

I'm going down tomorrow so I'll get some photos of the spots for you Justin. Edited by Ben-89

Its come up really, really nice.

I just took my time putting it all back together (particularly the front end) as far as gaps and fitment is concerned but seeing it all one colour is a nice change. The front bar got a chance to be readjusted as it was tight on the LH corner so now it sits 5 or so mm away from the front beaver panel which is what I was after. Same too for the rear bar as the bottom corners of the end caps were rubbing onto the 1/4 panels.

Understatement much? :P

It's come up bloody fantastc Ben, kinda difficult for me (with my cruddy computer monitor) to pick the differences in panel gaps, front bumper etc but I'll take your word for it that they were there. :y:

Looking forward to seeing her at the next event so I can get some more ideas as to how a perfectionist really does it.