Te27

brendan

i was talking to a guy that used to race the te27's at bathurst and he says he has the only genuine one in the country. he knows it genuine because when the toyota team went to the te37 he bought the car. i'd say this is a mock-up.

but if not and this is genuine, PICSORBAN!

From what i can gather, there was more than 1 TE27Levin imported in the 70's. Story i was told was 12 were imported to OZ in the 70's, may need some following up.

From memory, there were no TE27's that ran at Bathurst, but i could be wrong about that one.

I owned a genuine TE27 Levin for a few years before i listened to a now ex wife. Matching numbers on the chassis and the japanese build tag on the right inner engine bay. Front flares were wrong, and the front and rear lights were wrong as well. Twin carbies were also sequential :(

It has had a few owners since( don't know how many tho), and an older bloke out west has spent a motza rebuilding it. Not original motor or box, as the wrecker i sold it to seperated them and sold them off.

TE37's? Well, there was one that i know of that was prepped for Mark Thatcher, son of the original Iron Lady of England. It too had a few owners and i did get the shell, but typical me, seperated the lot. It was a bare shell when i got it, with a sprtinter disc rear end as a spare and levin tail lights and bonnet.We wont go any further about what i did with it, as i am kicking myself about the 27, let alone the 37.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

my name is mike i live in japan and have a real te27. even over here they immitate the te27 by putting upgrades in the ke25's so they look exactly the same. the one thing that is not so easy to change is that the real te27" have a dimple protruding foward just behind the valve cover.

• 2 months later...

I know of one genuine car (that I have actually seen in the flesh) that lives in Vic. I have heard about a light blue ex jap consulate car (no pics) which was supposedly imported new in around 1972 & I know for sure that one other "genuine" car here was built out of a 1/2 cut (the one parrot referred to), as I spoke to the importer who sold the 1/2 cut (I remember seeing the 1/2 cut sitting on top of a container in his yard) & he confirmed who bought it off him (& know that individual sold off a "genuine" car later)

there was a dark blue car for sale in WA a month ago or so that was supposed to be the real deal too. Bit hard to verify though.

I know for sure that one other "genuine" car here was built out of a 1/2 cut (the one parrot referred to), as I spoke to the importer who sold the 1/2 cut (I remember seeing the 1/2 cut sitting on top of a container in his yard) & he confirmed who bought it off him (& know that individual sold off a "genuine" car later)

Ha! And it wasn't the only time either, although the other one wasn't a Corolla

Edited by parrot

• 1 month later...

Hi Jurgen

No. 1 Welcome!

No. 2 Photo's!! Or even better, put a thread in members rides.

No. 3 My wife is in Ghent as we speak. If you see her, tell her to buy me a present, preferably Toyota related. And to hurry home so I can get out and work on my cars. She is the hot blond.

Hi Jurgen

No. 1 Welcome!

No. 2 Photo's!! Or even better, put a thread in members rides.

No. 3 My wife is in Ghent as we speak. If you see her, tell her to buy me a present, preferably Toyota related. And to hurry home so I can get out and work on my cars. She is the hot blond.

Gent is only 20km (12 miles) from my house, maybe I can give something =) .

Very nice!

And I assure you, your English is better than our understanding of assorted Belgian languages.

Are there many older Japanese cars in Belgium? I know one of the guys in the Netherlands (The Doctor) converted a KE20 to basically TE27 2TG spec.

Very nice!

And I assure you, your English is better than our understanding of assorted Belgian languages.

Are there many older Japanese cars in Belgium? I know one of the guys in the Netherlands (The Doctor) converted a KE20 to basically TE27 2TG spec.

Old Japanese cars are rare in Belgium, there are many German cars, there are so boring !

There are probably only 2 (original) TE27's in Belgium.

TA22's are pretty popular here.

I met "the doctor" last week at a small meeting here, his KE20 standing next to mine on the picture.

It is a very nice Rolla indeed !

DSC00680_zps79e43dda.jpg

I have a topic opened in "Rollclub rides"

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/67786-rides-from-belgium/