1983 Ke70 Panelvan

Queen20v

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, thanks guys. :hmm: Reckon if I have to roll the lip, I might as well flare the guards though. I either want to leave the guards stock as a rock or do a really decent job. Our panel beater says to bring him the wheels and he'll fit them to the car by cutting sections, pulling the guard out and welding in new wedges. He's awesome though so it won't be a dodgy job. We are hoping to fit 15x8s with about 3-3.5inches of polished dish.

Does anyone have photos of some of these - offset wheels that have been fitted with minimal work? I'm open to being convinced. :lolcry:

15x8s normally come with a zero offset or lower and a zero offset on a 8" wide wheel will give you about 3.5-4" of dish already, so you'll be sweet.

I'll try to find some pictures of my car with different specs to give you an idea of how things sit.

Edit:

This is a 15x7.5 -8 wheel wearing 185/55 tyres. Front suspension, 86 struts and corona lower control arms.

e70013gr1.jpg

e70012vx6.jpg

14mm socket.

Below is/are 15x7 +5 wheels with 185/55 tyre, same suspension as the above photos.

ke70009eq9.jpg

ke70016ss7.jpg

finalstage006bh3.jpg

New springs in this photo.

Below are photos of those 7" wide wheels out back.

e70010.jpg

e70011fj7.jpg

14mm socket once again, note the flared guards (dodgy, I know).

e70009ng0.jpg

And below are photos of the 7.5" -:lolcry: out back.

finalstage019fn0.jpg

finalstage003.jpg

E70015.jpg

img6751ws2.jpg

Yeah, rears are flared with a pole, fronts.. just hammered the lip down. Hope that helps.

Edited by adam-__-

rear windows look almost jdm pv.. (couldnt find a photo to compare, just going off memory) and just having cut out my rear windows and done something similar to what you have on your van.. i can say it's a pain in the arse.. i didnt use crazy seals thou :lolcry:

looks overrated thou.. you basssstard.

-bc

Have you got a thread for your van? I'd love to have a look. Yeah it's pretty overrated. Few little things to do but nothing to complain about considering it's 25 years old!

Adam,

Cheers for those pics. Love your fender mirrors too. Where'd you find them?

Yeah my opinion leave the guards stock. As much as I'd like to see some fat wheels under there its too good.

I am looking for some 14x7.5 mk2's, watanabes or starsharks for my ae71 with an offset around -10, and they're gonna need a fair bit of work to fit under the guards

Whats the badge on the grille btw?

Cheers, Ben.

Adam, you're not flooding my thread at all!

I'll take a close up photo of the badge for you, Ben. It's really wierd. At first I just thought it was an old JAF badge that had faded but it says something about Scotland... Really wanna see your car. Are you going to be at the cruise tomorrow? I saw this cornflower blue ke20 two days ago. The couple who owned it were in their 50s. It's only the second car he's ever owned. Bought it in 1970 for $2000. I thought of you straight away. You would've loved it!

Adam, you're not flooding my thread at all!

I'll take a close up photo of the badge for you, Ben. It's really wierd. At first I just thought it was an old JAF badge that had faded but it says something about Scotland... Really wanna see your car. Are you going to be at the cruise tomorrow? I saw this cornflower blue ke20 two days ago. The couple who owned it were in their 50s. It's only the second car he's ever owned. Bought it in 1970 for $2000. I thought of you straight away. You would've loved it!

Yeah thought JAF at first too but yeh looked again it wasnt lol. never seen one before either

Haha yeh I seen that KE20 before, considered asking if they wanted to sell, but I actually did stop myself.

Oh and btw I am not at the cruise obviously haha, finished work later than expected and had to do some other stuff. :lolcry:

Cheers, Ben.

Ha ha, I was the same. Thought about offering them money but reminded myself that I have 3 corollas sitting in the driveway already and not one of them looks the way I want it to yet!

Missed you at the show and shine :lolcry:. Met Martin with your old rolla. That is one sweet ride. :hmm: Will you be at the Victor Harbour cruise?

Haha I was the same, had 3 Corollas then. If it was overrated I wouldn't have been able to resist but its not that good.

Martin? Mitch maybe? lol yeh its pretty killer now, sorta wish I kept it, finding it really hard to find another KE20 better than that was.

Might see if I can make it to the victa cruise ay, I'm really keen to get out on a cruise as I havent been for a good year. But I always get caught up with work, family commitments or selling/working on cars lol

Should be able to make it though, will either be in my granny AE71 or new ride lol.

Keep an eye out for me in my AE71 daily Queen, always cruising around, and theres not too many like mine lol

Cheers, Ben.