TheGhost

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have no holes anywhere to run a pipe for cold air intake....

There's a hole, you just can't see it. Underneath the fuse-boxes, tucked in behind/under the battery where the intake piping runs to the airbox, there's a hole to a resonator which sits in the front guard, separate from the engine bay. Remove intake piping/fuse boxes/battery, take the splashguard out from underneath, and drop the resontator out. Now, run a tube from your TB through that hole to a pod in the space left by the resonator, and keep the splashguard hanging down to act as a little scoop.

It'll look like this (I know thats my 102 engine bay, but they're almost identical to 112 engine bays)

P1010042.jpg

P1060143.jpg

P1060138.jpg

Haven't got any photos showing under the guard, but you should get the idea

with the exception of the cable tie battery clamp I like it

Yeah, unfortunately you have to move the battery slightly for the pipe to fit in, which means the holes no longer line up. Got a bracket now that at least bolts to one of the holes, so half the cable-ties have been removed. Will get around to drilling another hole for the front one sometime before rego is due.

not really the same because the space you are talkin about on your car in filled by my radiator overflow bottle....

and it aint easy to relocate.... its huge....

but i will try a few diff things soon eneough....

i want extractors.... where you get yours hiro? and how much?

not really the same because the space you are talkin about on your car in filled by my radiator overflow bottle....

and it aint easy to relocate.... its huge....

but i will try a few diff things soon eneough....

i want extractors.... where you get yours hiro? and how much?

Post up a picture of your engine bay again. From what I've seen of AE112 bays, the overflow bottle is in the exact same spot as the 102s. In fact, almost everything is EXACTLY the same, in EXACTLY the same spot.

And the guy who made my intake had made an identical one for his AE112 (Poggy), so I know it fits...

As for the extractors, I bought the whole exhaust off a mate who was stripping his 102 back to stock to sell it, so can't help there. They're HPC ceramic coated, which is why they're that funny colour.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

4AGE engines have an idle adjustment screw, if thats what you are reffering to in terms of a "mixture" screw.

Leaning out would never cause it to be sluggish at low RPM, that would more likely be running too rich for the amount of revs you are carrying (disconnect the TPS and you will see what I mean)

from my experiences most 4pot engines don't pull too hard in the lower rev ranges to start with, they make power from bulk revs, so therefore the cams power band runs from 3000rpm upwards, I'm not sure on what the stated powerband of a 7AFE is though, might be worth looking up to prove it.

the missus 4AGE doesnt kick un until around 3500, but will pull through to redline (just has bugger all torque... but it is a 4pot)

Feeding the engine more air from a pod filter is going to make the bottom end a bit "doughy" compared to before as you may have reduced the air speed in the intake in the lower rev range.

Post up a picture of your engine bay again. From what I've seen of AE112 bays, the overflow bottle is in the exact same spot as the 102s. In fact, almost everything is EXACTLY the same, in EXACTLY the same spot.

And the guy who made my intake had made an identical one for his AE112 (Poggy), so I know it fits...

As for the extractors, I bought the whole exhaust off a mate who was stripping his 102 back to stock to sell it, so can't help there. They're HPC ceramic coated, which is why they're that funny colour.

well i have scoped the enigine bay for this as i can make an air box for the pod no worries.... just got no where to run the hose.... and from lookin at not 2 mins ago there is a massive bottle behind when i look through my fog light hole....

heres link to thread: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=24950

4AGE engines have an idle adjustment screw, if thats what you are reffering to in terms of a "mixture" screw.

Leaning out would never cause it to be sluggish at low RPM, that would more likely be running too rich for the amount of revs you are carrying (disconnect the TPS and you will see what I mean)

from my experiences most 4pot engines don't pull too hard in the lower rev ranges to start with, they make power from bulk revs, so therefore the cams power band runs from 3000rpm upwards, I'm not sure on what the stated powerband of a 7AFE is though, might be worth looking up to prove it.

the missus 4AGE doesnt kick un until around 3500, but will pull through to redline (just has bugger all torque... but it is a 4pot)

Feeding the engine more air from a pod filter is going to make the bottom end a bit "doughy" compared to before as you may have reduced the air speed in the intake in the lower rev range.

may be a stupid question but "TPS"? prob no what it is when someone tells me what that means, sorry.

Edited by TheGhost

well i have scoped the enigine bay for this as i can make an air box for the pod no worries.... just got no where to run the hose.... and from lookin at not 2 mins ago there is a massive bottle behind when i look through my fog light hole....

heres link to thread: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=24950

Is that massive bottle black plastic? If so, that's the resonator. That's what I told you to remove. It connects to the intake pipe between the battery and the guard through a hole. It's there to reduce noise in the intake by introducing out-of-phase resonating pulses to cancel out the standard resonance. Think of it as blowing across the top of an empty glass bottle.

may be a stupid question but "TPS"? prob no what it is when someone tells me what that means, sorry.

TPS = Throttle Positioning Sensor. It'll be a black sensor block on the firewall-side of the throttle body, it tells the ECU how open the throttle body is. One of the many ways that the ECU tells how much air is going into the engine (along with MAP and air-temp sensors)

AE102 and AE112 (not sure about the late AE92 RVs) 7AFEs don't have idle adjustment screws, it's automatic.

its the same kind of plastic as the overflow bottle....

i'll post pics tonight when i get home....

could be what your talkin about but it aint black....

i didnt see any other parts coming off the factory intake pipes when i changed my batt....

time to build a box for the pod....

its the same kind of plastic as the overflow bottle....

i'll post pics tonight when i get home....

could be what your talkin about but it aint black....

i didnt see any other parts coming off the factory intake pipes when i changed my batt....

time to build a box for the pod....

It was black on the 102, assumed it'd be the same colour for the 112. And the reason you probably didn't see where it comes off is because it connects to the underside of the intake piping, so you can't see it from the engine bay until you take the piping + snorkel off

Definitely different plastic to the AE102 one, but in the same place as the resonator. Can you see anything connected to it through that hole? Taken the intake piping out yet to see if there is that hole there (will only be a couple of bolts on the fuse boxes, moving the battery + some screws on the intake)?