Lowering Ke70

Brock

Members dont see this ad
before you all say search it, i have on here and ke70.com but never came across a straight answer.

what springs fit a ke70? are there any to replace them or do you have to start changing other parts over?

thankyou in advance.

Fair enough i guess using the search feature is something to get used to i hardly use it myself. But if you read through the areas, like just reading the topics you will find a thread to read.

Or 30-40 unused pavers from mum and dads renovation pile will lower a ke70 easily as the weak coils springs love to compress easily.

Or spend money on a set of 2nd hand lowered king springs so far my set was fronts for free and rears 70 dollars.

If you want something decent then ull need to spend more money.

Or 30-40 unused pavers from mum and dads renovation pile will lower a ke70 easily as the weak coils springs love to compress easily.

Or spend money on a set of 2nd hand lowered king springs so far my set was fronts for free and rears 70 dollars.

yea don't really want to be carrying that weight. and what king springs? I'm not really looking for lowness just response and less body roll

thanks budowski

I'm not really looking for lowness just response and less body roll

thanks in advance TE278U :P

no probs, Brock.

for less body roll, you really want sway bars. (should be called anti sway bars :hmmm: )

they will stop a shitload of body roll, and nolathane bushings all round your car will make handling seem more responsive (and a little harsher and noisier not by much tho). work on the springs later.

highly recommend Whiteline swaybars. :jamie:

-Dave

and yea i already have nolthane's in. thankyou!

Hey, Brock. How much did the Nolathane treatment set you back? I'm interested in making my KE70 a little tighter around corners to keep my speed up as it takes a while to gain speed in the ole 4k!

Also, what would be a decent street/daily setup for sway bars and how much it might cost. I might look into lowered King Springs also, my mate has them in his sigma and it handles like a go kart.

all goes down to how stiff you want your ride. i have 3 sets for the front of my ke70 and they are falcon AU which are a bit stiffer than standard, then some pedders xr6 Falcon EF which are stiffer again then for the stiffest i have king springs outta a Falcon XF. also chuck some new shocker inserts in while your at it.

then for the rear i have standard front springs that i cut 2 coils off.... this is all for my rally car. and handles very well, but with that i have shorter steering arms and xt130 lower control arms. also could look into going twin swaybars but not to sure on how legal or illegal they are. + all my springs have been cut

Cheers

all goes down to how stiff you want your ride. i have 3 sets for the front of my ke70 and they are falcon AU which are a bit stiffer than standard, then some pedders xr6 Falcon EF which are stiffer again then for the stiffest i have king springs outta a Falcon XF. also chuck some new shocker inserts in while your at it.

then for the rear i have standard front springs that i cut 2 coils off.... this is all for my rally car. and handles very well, but with that i have shorter steering arms and xt130 lower control arms. also could look into going twin swaybars but not to sure on how legal or illegal they are. + all my springs have been cut

Cheers

EDIT: note these are in a non registered rally car!

why was my post deleted?

if your worried about legality, go buy some kings low springs and have it riding nice and high.

another option is to have the springs reset, which involves your standard springs being heated and compressed making them lower. this is performed by a spring works usually. to do this in your shed in my opinion would be much more likely to be dangerous than actually cutting the springs.

always remember to use short stroke shocks particularly in the rear where the springs do have the potential to pop out and have you riding really low. stiffer springs need stiffer/slower valved shocks to adequately dampen.

edit- seems that resetting springs may also be illegal

i used to run cut standard springs, now i have some proper low TRD rear springs with short shocks. and up front they are some random springs but they are well cut.

Edited by tas_ae71

http://www.kingsprings.com/ these arent the greatest springs in the world for track work but suits the street fine.

http://www.nolathane.com.au/ for those who don't already know. Ive got the whole lot to suit my AE71.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/ sway bars panhard rods ect

The kings springs i have in my car arent super low or super stiff but has made a drastic improvement.

The nolathane has made the car more precise and predictable.

And I'm yet to get sway bars but have heard nothing but good things.

Also a good choice in low profile tyres and 14-15 inch wheels should help even more.

Or Bunnings are doing a sale on soon for outdoor garden renovations may be able to pick up some nice bricks.

Fair enough i guess using the search feature is something to get used to i hardly use it myself. But if you read through the areas, like just reading the topics you will find a thread to read.

If you want something decent then ull need to spend more money.

How does the car ride?

What shocks?

whats wrong with new stocko kings?

were they "2nd hand" chopped????

edit - i just saw your avatar.... can't say they look chopped

Edited by rjenman