Diff Ratios

Lexxi[ke35]

Ok, so I went to FAQ and looked at what it said about diff ratios but I didn't understand any of it lol

My problem is that my ke35 revs high like mad and mum's boyfriend says it could be because it used to be an auto and when they did the conversion they didn't change the diff or whatever.

We were thinking of taking off my diff and putting in the one from our ke55 manual coupe.

Could this be the problem and would swapping them over fix it?

Thanks guys and girls,

Lexxi.

Edited by Lexxi[ke35]

Members dont see this ad

Ive still got the auto diff in my 30 from when it was a 3k trimatic. the 30 then went to a 4k/ trimatic and is now a 4k/4spd. I'm either gonna get a 5spd and another auto diff or get another 4spd and get a manual diff. Lower diff ratio means quicker take offs.

Ive still got the auto diff in my 30 from when it was a 3k trimatic. the 30 then went to a 4k/ trimatic and is now a 4k/4spd. I'm either gonna get a 5spd and another auto diff or get another 4spd and get a manual diff. Lower diff ratio means quicker take offs.

The lower the diff ratio is ie 3.8 : 1 means slower take off but bigger top end speed.

The higher the diff ratio is ie 4.1 : 1 means quicker take off but slower top end speed.