Crispys Project. 1975 Ke35.

crispyke35

Hi there . just got my first corolla a 1975 KE35 hardtop. picked it up for $650 and drove it for 8 hours straight to get it home. shes got the 4k engine. but a four speed manual. the pics are attached if you want to comment.[

post-7209-1228734427_thumb.jpg

needing some advise on where to start in getting the little beast going a bit better. got some extracters and exhaust but thats about it. also would like to improve handling.

what sort of price range is a 4age coversion worth?.

is there any thing else could possibly look at?

also what are some parts that are same as other models as this isn't the easiest thing to get parts for. any places that are best to look.

Edited by crispyke35

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the rolla's

I have the same model and am in the process of a 20valve conversion

Firstly any KE30 - KE55 parts are all interchangable

And as for engine conversions your going to have to have an idea of how much you want to spend and how much you can do yourself. If you wanted a drive in drive out 4age conversion you would be looking at probably $10,000

hey mate, Cool 35 :) love the colour.. is it blue or black? can't really tell in that pic - got anymore?

I'm respraying my k30 dark blue.. its only got a 3k tho, iv been thinking about either going with a 7k or a 4age (4agze if i can get hold of 1)

cheers,

ronnie

HI ronnie .like your ideas on a 4age transplant. the colour is actually a really dark purple its a bit deceiving in the photo. I'm just about to start stripping back though for a new respray in the same colour . the paint when i bought it was poorly done and cracking.

Dark blue will look pretty cool on the KE 30. also i like the little bonnet scoop (assuming that's your car in the pic). you'll have to post some pics when its finished.

cheers

HI all

After a few hours mucking around in the shed the KE35 has had its first engine upgrade in the form of extractors.

IT now goes a bit more (as much as 4k 'goes') sounds great and looks pretty cool hangin from the motor.

Also replaced air filters and cleaned the carbie which seems to have made a difference.

had i a minor set back though. the alternator bracket is badly cracked and need a new one. wont be driven until i fix it.

any one that has a spare bracket can email me at [email protected].

Hey mate, great looking car you have there. If you need to know anything about these models I'm the man to see. :) I have a few as you can see in my sig. Feel free to go through the threads.

An easy and cheap engine conversion that delivers a descent power increase would be to swap the 4K with a 5K. All it is, is a straight swap, no mods needed.

So where abouts are you located?? If your anywhere near Bris I have two spare 5 speed boxes here that I may be thinking of selling.

So do you have any more pics?? I'm hell keen to see the rest of this beast.