The Ke30 Project Begins

lildvl83

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my fiance doesnt want to part with his spare set of rims. i don't know why? he's cruel if u ask me :-) considering its gonna be frikn hard to find a half decent set . I'm gonna wait til the car is painted then work out what rims to put on then. whether they will be a newish look or old skool, not sure.

car is all sweet now (fingers crossed) cos what i just spent on it has made me broke :-( although saying that i think i may have a brake problem. if i brake late or too hard the car pulls to one side (feels like brakes working on only one side) but if i brake gently its ok. so will have to take it off the road for a while til i can have the brakes looked at. hopefully it will be getting painted soon anyway, so it will be off the road for a couple of weeks then.

the heating thing is only when I'm on the expressway. it'll go up to just over half but as soon as i get to the end the car stalls (without fail, same spot everytime) thought that would have been fixed with all the tuning and stuff i had done, but no.

i reckon the car is heaps louder now with the exhaust fixed and tuned. everytime i see a cop i deaccelerate if i can. sounds good though.

also if you are seeking any interior parts for your 30 let us know as i have a 30 doin nutthin and some spare parts.

cheers

you don't happen to have a good drivers door trim? u pull it don't have any and toyoland has one but its torn.

If you're looking for some old school wheels go to the Southern Mag & Tyre Centre in lonsdale. I havn't been there in a while but they do have some nice wheels there. Oh and it sounds like one of your calipers might be siezed. Put a caliper kit through both of them and see how you go :D

heres some pics from the weekend, taking a few things off of it. had to leave most of it together so i could drive it out into the boondocks :-P (at least it was an awesum drive)

will hopefully have progress shots as it comes along over the next few weeks.

post-7125-1240315014_thumb.jpg

post-7125-1240315208_thumb.jpg

post-7125-1240315370_thumb.jpg

yeh black trim was the practice one. looks good close up. it looks likes its always been that way, I'm really happy with it. gonna do the the rest of the trims while the cars being painted.

i could not get the last frikn bolt off the boot vent, so i had to get in to the boot to reach it.

• 3 weeks later...

yeh, i think that everyone thinks this car is going to be pink when i say pink pearl. but if it comes out right it should be a slight pink fleck in certain angles under sun light. i can't wait for it to be finished

yeh ended up selling both rollas on the day after posting them.

more pics!! lol

can't wait to see how it turns out!

lol... all in good time. next pics should be of the car finished :D

also taking off the carby and puttin side drafts on instead, just to see if she peps up a bit :jamie: