March 4, 200917 yr comment_324480 I'm gonna either sleep in my car like a bum or ill pull off the road and set up my tent somewhere, cause I'm too poor to stay anywhere and don't know anyone in dubbo.... We're probably going to be camping at the Dubbo City Caravan park, it's something like $20 a night so reasonably affordable, across the river from the show-n-shine. From what I've heard West Dubbo isn't the kind of place to be sleeping by the side of the road. Edited March 4, 200917 yr by Hiro Protagonist Report
March 4, 200917 yr comment_324580 Theres a stack of places in Dubbo to stay. A few caravan parks, hotels motels etc etc. going to be camping at the Dubbo City Caravan park Looks like the way to go :| Report
March 5, 200917 yr Author comment_324745 thats sounds alright, i can handle 20 a night cheers for that and the warning :| Report
March 16, 200917 yr comment_328543 I'd go if I didn't live 100,000km away :P Would be wicked though. Edited March 16, 200917 yr by Lexxi[ke35] Report
March 19, 200917 yr comment_329287 yup, anywhere in dubbo isnt the best place to be sleeping exposed! Some parts (yes, I'm going to say it) the ones where there are high aboriginal populations (which is most of dubbo these days) are very very bad, often to the point where you don't go out after dark in anything smaller then a group of 5 or 6, and never alone. We go Karting at dubbo everynow and then, its a real shame that it has gotten bad :D Report
March 26, 200917 yr comment_331254 ^^^^^Dubbo isn't that bad! I lived there up until a year ago and sure it had some rough spots but they've gotten a hell of alot better and besides, Orange is much much worse. The media dramatised alot of it. The Gordon estate isn't that bad anymore for a couple of reasons... 1. most of the houses got burned down so there's less people in there to cause trouble (lol), 2. They've sold alot of the houses and cleaned it up reasonably. So, East Dubbo is the one you want to worry about most now, the Apollo Estate or The Bronx as it's affectionately referred to. As far as I'm aware Domino's in Dubbo where I used to work still doesn't deliver there, but has never stopped delivering to West Dubbo. As for me, I'm pretty sure I can tee up a place for me to stay for nothing! :jamie: :) Edited March 26, 200917 yr by corolla_nut Report
April 1, 200917 yr comment_333307 Do we have any idea on Rollaclub member numbers? At this stage there are 2 of us coming from canberra, but also quite a few of the celica guys are making the trek! can't wait! Report
April 1, 200917 yr comment_333345 I can't make it. I don't have the money to register the car in time. Report
April 2, 200917 yr Author comment_333463 just blew headgasket, dosent look like ill make it either.... Report
April 3, 200917 yr comment_333887 Gunna take advantage of a free house when the oldies go away haha... Report
April 4, 200917 yr comment_334016 Anyone still looking for accommodation, better get in now! Pretty sure i just got the last camp site at Dubbo city Caravan Park! This may help for anyone still looking Parks Report
April 13, 200917 yr comment_335873 I really enjoyed my first time at the Nationals. Show and shine was great, shame bout the crappy weather. We had joked that we would break the drought, and everywhere we went it poured! Anyway, I'll let the pics tell the story... Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now