Toyota Nationals 2009

trav_555

I'm gonna either sleep in my car like a bum or ill pull off the road and set up my tent somewhere, cause I'm too poor to stay anywhere and don't know anyone in dubbo....

We're probably going to be camping at the Dubbo City Caravan park, it's something like $20 a night so reasonably affordable, across the river from the show-n-shine. From what I've heard West Dubbo isn't the kind of place to be sleeping by the side of the road.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

yup, anywhere in dubbo isnt the best place to be sleeping exposed!

Some parts (yes, I'm going to say it) the ones where there are high aboriginal populations (which is most of dubbo these days) are very very bad, often to the point where you don't go out after dark in anything smaller then a group of 5 or 6, and never alone.

We go Karting at dubbo everynow and then, its a real shame that it has gotten bad :D

^^^^^Dubbo isn't that bad!

I lived there up until a year ago and sure it had some rough spots but they've gotten a hell of alot better and besides, Orange is much much worse.

The media dramatised alot of it.

The Gordon estate isn't that bad anymore for a couple of reasons... 1. most of the houses got burned down so there's less people in there to cause trouble (lol), 2. They've sold alot of the houses and cleaned it up reasonably.

So, East Dubbo is the one you want to worry about most now, the Apollo Estate or The Bronx as it's affectionately referred to. As far as I'm aware Domino's in Dubbo where I used to work still doesn't deliver there, but has never stopped delivering to West Dubbo.

As for me, I'm pretty sure I can tee up a place for me to stay for nothing! :jamie: :)

Edited by corolla_nut

I really enjoyed my first time at the Nationals. Show and shine was great, shame bout the crappy weather. We had joked that we would break the drought, and everywhere we went it poured!

Anyway, I'll let the pics tell the story...

post-3282-1239585199_thumb.jpg

post-3282-1239585307_thumb.jpg

post-3282-1239585447_thumb.jpg