Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke1x Whiteline Sway Bar Questions

Featured Replies

hey jsut got a whiteline sway bar kit for my ke11 and it doesnt look like it will fit at all. any one got any pics of there cars with em fitted would be great.

thankyou

That sway bar should fit if you have standard brakes, fitted one to my ke10 a few years back and did not fit

with ke30 brake conversion. Unfortunately i do not have any pics available.

Why doesn’t it fit with Ke30 brakes? I hope to do that conversion on my car so it better bloody work.

post-5552-1230346674_thumb.jpg

Did the sway bar come with instructions? Mine did but they where a bit difficult to understand. I figured it out though, obviously.

post-5552-1230347164_thumb.jpg

post-5552-1230347223_thumb.jpg

Rolliac has done it the same way I did on my ke11. It fits BUT when you have ke30 calipers

(or ke70) and turn full lock in either direction the caliper fouls on the swaybar.

 

It will still work, just limits you steering a little. Whiteline obviously did there product testing on a ke10

with drums (or possible the sprinter discs as they're smaller). I found the problem I had was if you did

turn the wheel full lock and the caliper fouled then when you go to use the brakes again you have to

pump the pedal a few time to get any pressure. Never bothered fixing it.

 

There is a way around it which requires welding a larger piece of angle to the lower control arm to space

the bar away from the caliper. I've seen pics on rollaclub, ill try dig them out.

 

Cheers,

 

Scott

Edited by ROL-110

There is a way around it which requires welding a larger piece of angle to the lower control arm to space

the bar away from the caliper. I've seen pics on rollaclub, ill try dig them out.

 

Cheers,

 

Scott

 

 

I remember seeing something about this but having no luck finding the old post. Anyone?

  • Author
I remember seeing something about this but having no luck finding the old post. Anyone?

 

 

thanks alot guys that helps me heaps.

i think I'm going to be running rx7 calipers.mmm hope it all fits. especially with the v6

any other pics would be great.

thankyou very much

 

P.S do you retain the transverse leafe or remove it

Edited by rbfrog

Some people keep the leaf in, some people take it out.

I leave it in myself and do mods to the struts to get it to sit low.

 

But i always run a K series motor.

 

If you're doing a V6 (which is crazy and now you've mentioned it you'll

have to start a thread in the rides section with lotsa pics) then i

would keep the leaf in. although you will obviously be doing other suspension

work... and because you have the swaybar you could possible remove it.

 

Keep us posted

 

Scott.

  • Author
Some people keep the leaf in, some people take it out.

I leave it in myself and do mods to the struts to get it to sit low.

 

But i always run a K series motor.

 

If you're doing a V6 (which is crazy and now you've mentioned it you'll

have to start a thread in the rides section with lotsa pics) then i

would keep the leaf in. although you will obviously be doing other suspension

work... and because you have the swaybar you could possible remove it.

 

Keep us posted

 

Scott.

 

 

yeah got a few pics but i duno how to put them up

The original springs in the KE10 are pretty thin and the leaf takes up a percentage of the weight of the front. I’m using thicker coils so I don’t think the leaf is necessary.

 

Yeah perhaps you should do your breaks before you mount the sway bar. I may have to drill new holes for the sway bar if the KE30 breaks don’t fit.

Hi,

I own aa KE15 and plan to buy the whiteline kit one day.

 

I got to drive in a KE15 also with a white line sway bar and the transverse leaf had been removed. Handled fine.

 

The Transverse leaf was the old way of thinking/ trying to make a sway bar like part and also to take some weight.

 

In this KE15 I was told with both in the light car when cornering hard would lift the inner rear wheel and then smoke it 100m up the street.

 

After the leaf was removed handled better and rear wheel didn't come off the ground.

 

This car also had KE20 tops on the struts so it sat lower also I think to get the best results make it lower and use this kit with a removed sway bar.

 

Cheers

Cameron

  • 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I own aa KE15 and plan to buy the whiteline kit one day.

 

I got to drive in a KE15 also with a white line sway bar and the transverse leaf had been removed. Handled fine.

 

The Transverse leaf was the old way of thinking/ trying to make a sway bar like part and also to take some weight.

 

This car also had KE20 tops on the struts so it sat lower also I think to get the best results make it lower and use this kit with a removed sway bar.

Cheers

Cameron

 

I have a very close setup to that in my KE-11. Except i use whole 20 strut, with lowered springs and a "signature stabliser bars" 22mm sway bar. I could not recomend them enough! From memory was about $20-30 cheaper, than whiteline one and the company is "from what I'm told" owned by the Selby(selby sway bars before being bought out by whiteline) brothers. Can be purchased from your local Peders store. THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY MOD BAR NONE!!! Which ever brand you use they make a massive difference. Thanks again Felix and ROL-110 handles great now with the sway bar, just needing to finalise rear tyres before deciding to put on a rear one.

 

Yes it will just foul on KE30,55,70 brakes but ive only lost a little bit of my turning circle. Both worth it in my opinion.

 

I'm pretty sure that the listed size is only a recomendation, and they are able to make thicker bars on request too.

 

stu.

You could also swap your struts left to right and vice versa which will put your brake calipers to the rear and away

from the sway bar, you will need new brake hoses though but at least you will always have brakes there

  • Author
You could also swap your struts left to right and vice versa which will put your brake calipers to the rear and away

from the sway bar, you will need new brake hoses though but at least you will always have brakes there

 

 

that is a graet idea if it works. has any one done this.

not that it really matters to me as I'm getting custom struts made, but stil great idea

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.