April 7, 200521 yr comment_38441 Got a Gearbox today. 5speed T50. Ive heard that they are quite a good box. Truth??? :D Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38456 They are a RWD earbox for Celicas and AE71 corollas and AE86's They are an OK gearbox, but not for big power. They hold up behind n/a 4A-GE's no problem, but anything much more than that and they will let go. It *won't* bolt on to your 5K though. I do know someone who will buy it if you put it up for sale cheers Report
April 7, 200521 yr Author comment_38463 I was under the influence that it would bolt up. The guys from the wreckers said i shouldnt have any problems ?????? Maybe its not T50??? Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38469 No, T50's don't bolt onto K engines unless you have the *uber rare* K-T bellhousing. If yours is a late model T50 I may be interested in it. I'm in need of spares. Edited April 7, 200521 yr by demuire Report
April 7, 200521 yr Author comment_38472 THanks, Is there any simple way i can tell what gearbox it is? I'm quite sure its a T50, maybe its a w50 or just the stock 5spd from the 5k??? Report
April 7, 200521 yr Author comment_38474 Ive just confirmed its a T50 and personnaly been assured that they will match up ( 5k - T50) ???????? CONFUSED????? Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38478 Unless you have a K bell housed T50, it wont fit. Trust us. If you do have one, you're in possession of gold, and a few people in here would like to buy it off you, or find out where you got this one from. If it's a t50 out of a Celica/Sprinter/T18, it ain't gonna fit a 5K. *shrug* Try it and find out. Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38483 If it's a W57 I might be interested in buying it off you too. Report
April 7, 200521 yr Author comment_38485 Not Selling, YET! I Talked to a guy at a wreckers near by, he said he had checked everything and therer is no reason why it shouldnt. But the engine was heavily modified, so who knows what has been done! But you can't go past a T50 and ex race 5K for $250! HEHEHEHE Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38492 rare? are you serious? i can get k-to-t bellhousings, on request, for about nz$100 last time i looked into it you need to stand a K motor up if you use a T50, because the engine is slanted and K gearboxes are designed like that too, T gearboxes aren't. you then need to change your manifolding and oil pickup point and it's way too much hassle and expense unless you can machine components yourself conversion components in nz do a k-to-w bellhousing, though what kind of K motor needs a supra gearbox i don't know, and apparently their casting is pretty crap quality Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38561 I'm having a similar problem discerning what sort of gearbox I've got in my KE55. It's 5-speed, looks pretty small, and is hooked up to a 4A-GZE. It has a brass-button clutch operated with a cable. Can anyone assist? I've been told that KE55's came with the option of a 5-speed, but I presume that would be a K50 as the car had a 4K motor. HELP! Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38568 If it's hooked up to a 4AGZE, I would assume it is a T50. I've heard of some people using cable clutch setups with T50's, although personally I don't know why you would. T50's kinda look like K50's. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now