Reset Leaf Springs Or Lowering Blocks ?

chestikoph1

Just sorting out the rear suspension in the ke55, i was aiming to get the rear about 2 inches lower

(that would get the wheels just about level with the gaurds) and having a look at the leafs, if they were to be reset 2 inches lower

that would make them sit flat, if not inverted. "not good"

So i was thinking of doing both, reset them 1 inch lower and get some 1 inch lowering blocks.

Just wondering what most crew on here have done? and to what degree of success in regards to handeling (axle tramp etc) ?

look forward to your views

Members dont see this ad

Its worth getting the leafs reset for sure, the ride will be much better than with blocks,

and if its done properly you should be able to get the height your after without flattening

the spring. Make sure the spring eye gets reversed and you get about an inch off your height.

I just had some ke10 leafs done and dropped the height 60mm and still have a nice bow

in the spring.

• 7 months later...
sorry to be a thread digger,

but can anyone suggest the best place to go for a leaf re - set?

I think it's the wrong side of town for ya but Ram's Springs in Thomastown is pretty good.

He's an old bloke who's been doin it for years.

He speaks a million miles an hour with a speech impediment though, so a little hard to understand.

That's where I got my quote.

i got an extra leaf fitted to mine and reset. It is now hard as a rock and no axle tramp. Before i had 1 1/2" lowering blocks and there was way too much axle tramp. Keep in mind lowering blocks are in fact illegal.

Best of luck.

Matt

uhhhh i read in the vic roads roadworthy book "lowering blocks are legal as long as there made of steel not plastic/wood"