Corolla Ke55.l Want To See Sr20 Mounted In Car. Road Legal

I own a ke55 corolla 2 door. Date of manufacture 6 month 1979 and have lots of questions about all the changes, modifications, part listings, enginearing requirements and approx cost to mount a sr20 in to my car I would like to see a car in person to take photos and notes can any one help. I will travel from wagga wagga nsw.

Members dont see this ad

styler hit it on the head. I'm doin a sr20det conversion at the moment ive spent 23,000 and thats not even running! still gota be wired up and finished bein painted havnt touched the interior besides the dash. like styler said it just depends who ya know and where ya can source parts from/know what parts you need. most importantly have a fair bit of $$$ and willing to spend it i got told when i started, take what price u think its gonna cost and double it!soo true! do searches for oh what a nissan feeling ke30 and also my ke30 just do ya research! johnnyt

edit: lloyd also has a ke30 with a ca18det in it and ca18rolla has a coupe with a ca18det in it read as much as ya can.

Edited by johnny t

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the hints and tips got a car to look at and get all the info I need. Due for compleation 12/2010 waitiing for s-13 silvia 2002 (brought from friend $2000) to arrive. awsome cost saver. Writen off ass end extensivly damaged : (. I will save a lot as I will do alot of the work myself. I have Certificats in auto mechanical light vehicle, spraypainter/panalbeater specalising in vehicle painting cert 3, Welding certificates mig, tig, oxy and plastics, auto electrical (basic) I have acess to most of the tools I need. And friends that owe me a few favors over the years. you can only ask right.

• Downvote 1

• 4 months later...

Got some free time finally. Positioned motor in car without mounts, will get some mounts on weekend off nissan bluebird wagon. Should do the job got the silvia for $800 insted of $2000 owner wanted some stuff of the car o well I got the motor box loom brakes(ill tru 2 fit silvia brakes) etc going realy well should be done in 4-6 months.

• 1 month later...

So far I have done.

New vinal on dash (very time consuming), door trims and wheel arches$90 6m vinal,6m cloth wadding,staples and contact adheasive

New molded carpet 2peice 175

New cloth on roof $25 glue and fabric

New partal shelf $15 materials

New 10in flat subwoofers pioneer 120ea(mates rates)

New boot layout $60 cost for wood staples and fabric

New fuel pickup in tank

New fuel line stainless steel 6m $25(mates rates)

New fuel pump $50(mates rates)

New wireing to boot for boot layout(amps lightes etc) $90

New wireing for headunit

Cut up silvia wiring loom made one to sute corrolla 5 days if swaring and helling (it actualy worked yahoo)

New digital guages average $170each water temp (still waiting for fuel and oil press)

New tacho $260.10 (mates rates)

New speedo $260.10 (mates rates)

New wireing for guages

New engine mounts (v6 commador) $15 ea

New steering wheel $200

New steering box

New bushes all round and New steering components (from pedders installed by me ) $600(mates rates)

New Clutch master

Tinted by windscreen doctor $300

Seats by huthwates in wagga wagga $680? I think

And the list grows

Edited by shaded_shadows_KE55

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Didn't take picks of this one so ill have to try and explain it.... you will need a heat gun gloves to stop you burning your fingers adheasive glue rope foam and most importantly patiants and concerntration. First I removed the top portion of the dash from the car. Removed the old vynal/plastic off the foam by heating the plastic up and peeling it off without melting / burning the foam. Then where the dash is cracked fill with foam, where the splits are high sand them down with sandpaper on a block. Cut vynal to appropriate size. Apply adheasive, I used selleys kwik grip gel contact adhesive, to both the dash and vynal. Postion vynal aproperatly while using the heat gun to soften the vynal I mold it I used the dash insert and the screws to hold the vynal tight around drivers side of the dash and pullled it tight towards the back. In the center of the dash where the cig lighter is I used rope with foam rapped around it to pull it tight in the curves mean while wile pulling and heating the vynal and streching it back over the back. I then worked on the ends of the dash heating and stretching it more this didn't work out 100% for me but still looks the part about 90% I waited for it 2 dry about 24 hours then I removed the rope and reinstalled the dash in the car. I noticed some parts hadent stuck where there was some bubbles of air stuck so I went to the hospital got a suringe and needle kit and injected loctite 424 instant adhesive in to the arias where it hadent stuck well and pushed the surfaces together. Works so far done this in aug 09. Hope this helps good luck

• 2 weeks later...