Heatwave

Kid-Ae

Well today is officially the hottest day in the 16 years i have graced this planet with my presence.

It's 47 degrees out the back, and our air-con isn't making it bearable.

At dad's factory, they didn't stop working all day as their boss is a tightarse and he believes that as long as its under 60 degrees in the factory its okay.

Dad informed me it was 58.4 degrees, unbearable, yet if they stopped working they would be sacked.

Will this heat in Melbourne just go away?

Maybe it's what drove that nutcase 35-year-old man to stop on the West Gate Bridge, get out of his car and throw his 5-year-old daughter over the side to her death. Let's hope he burns in hell.

Enough is enough, i'm off to go jump in the freezer with the steaks and cuddle them until i too, am an ice-block.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you got what we got here in adelaide yesterday

our maximum in the city was 45.7, the highest for 70 years

it's unbearable alright, got the air con up 3/4's right now.

and its official, adelaide used the most power it has ever used last night.

something like 3500 megawatts?? something like that

Legally, your dad's boss can be taken to court over that. The boss should be doing a risk assessment to decide whether its a health risk for his employees to continue working (obviously it is). At 58.4 degrees your dad is well within his rights to complain to either his boss or work cover, without losing his job.....

What he could do is complain he is feeling ill/sick/dizzy from the heat, then go to the docs and get a medical cert and a workcover cert to cover his absence at work.

don't quote me on this but i'm sure theres also a temperature put in place for any workshop to stop work if it gets over that certain temp....up here in Qld i'm sure its 42 degrees or something.

Edited by Xany

Legally, your dad's boss can be taken to court over that. The boss should be doing a risk assessment to decide whether its a health risk for his employees to continue working (obviously it is). At 58.4 degrees your dad is well within his rights to complain to either his boss or work cover, without losing his job.....

don't quote me on this but i'm sure theres also a temperature put in place for any workshop to stop work if it gets over that certain temp....up here in Qld i'm sure its 42 degrees or something.

I too thought it was 42 degrees, looks like i was wrong. Dad doesn't particularly want the hassle of complaints and stuffing up any chance of holding onto his job as it's bloody hard to find anything better. I'm just worried about him for tomorrow because the factory will be 40+ inside overnight.

And to top it off, in two hours i've got to go out to a mates to collect a pushie so i can fix mine and my girlfriends ones.

I had classes in un-airconditioned class rooms, then the power went out at school... Then i had to get into my car and i can't touch the steering wheel or gear knob because its too hot...

...it felt like there was a supernova outside 5 feet away from my face...

f@$k HEAT !

"Its a dry heat, Dry, like a blowtorch!" -Can't remember what add thats off.

Last night our entire town blacked out. From about 930-1 in the morning abouts. Next town over was having power surges aswell.

My year 12 camp got cancelled due to the heat so I had to go to school today so we could do all the stupid stuff there, afterwards got into the car and automatically started sweating more and getting uncomfortable. No air con FTL!

Mind you I have figured out who my best friends are...the ones inviting me over to their pool :jamie: .

Edited by Tume