February 2, 200917 yr comment_313566 Hey everyone I'm Pete, Recently I finished work on a Datsun 620 1500 ute only to have it written off 2 days after finishing! :cool: This was her And this is after So it could be fixed but I really couldn't be bothered since I didn't really have my heart in the car anyways. I was devastated that soo much work went to waste but soo much more excited now I have a KE70. Here is the car I bought for $400 its a 1983 CS with 5 Speed and blue interior with full centre console. It is completely stock and has 152xxx kilometers on it. I'm going to cut out the rust since it has some in the boot, rear left wheel arch and bottom left corner of the rear window. I'm also going to do a 4age conversion, respray, lower, mags and tint. So far I have acquired a tacho dash, gizzmo dual stage shift light, 4age bigport, AE71 crossmember. Still chasing some parts so if anyone can help with the following it would be great. T Series Diff and tailshaft T50 box with clutch slave, fork and tailshaft I'm going to use the two to make a single piece tailshaft. 200mm Clutch and Pressure plate to suit. RWD extractors preferably 20v 4 into 1's XX model plastic door bumper trim things for the side. Most important ECU & Loom! The engine that I bought was going to come with a loom and ecu but the guy wanted too much extra and the loom was stuffed. Now as for colour's I was thinking gun metal grey, champagne with black rims, tail lights, windows, bumpers and XX trim side stripes in black or the exact same black bits as the champagne but in white. Painting isn't a problem just after doing my datsun a full respray seems like a lot of work especially on a sedan so I was leaning more towards white. Any suggestions on colour? Report
February 2, 200917 yr comment_313808 sorry to hear bout the datto buddy, looked overrated! gl with the rolla! Report
February 2, 200917 yr comment_313820 damn that datto was f@$kin sick!! that really sucks that it happened 2 days after you finished it, all that hard work for nothing! can i ask how it got pranged up? as for the ke70 i reckon gun metal grey will look the goods with a 4age conversion, plenty of people that can help you out with the convo on this site :cool: Report
February 16, 200917 yr Author comment_318695 damn that datto was f@$kin sick!!that really sucks that it happened 2 days after you finished it, all that hard work for nothing! can i ask how it got pranged up? as for the ke70 i reckon gun metal grey will look the goods with a 4age conversion, plenty of people that can help you out with the convo on this site :P A car turned in front of me from a side street and I went straight into the side of it. I was leaning towards gun metal grey but dunno if it would look plain. I'll definitely be needing help when it comes to hooking up the loom the rest shouldn't be so bad. Report
February 16, 200917 yr Author comment_318704 Just a bit of an update. One of the original sealed beam lights were blown so I replaced them with some crystal H4 headlights which are 500 times better than the sealed beams. Also fitted some 130w hella driving lights and now I can actually see where I'm going. Here's a quick pic the driving lamps look a little out of place at the moment but hoping they will look good once I've resprayed the car. I have acquired nearly everything for my conversion. Managed to get a few parts from some of the guys over on AE86 driving club. so far I have only a 3 Rib big port 4age, ECU, Loom, RWD Mounts. Picked up an ADM T50 on the weekend which I'll probably eventually swap out for a JDM once I find one. Got an F1R 6 puck brass button clutch & Aisin heavy duty Pressure plate Got AE71 steel rwd engine mounts, tranny rubber mount, gearbox x member and engine x member. AE71 pedal box and clutch master with line. All I need now is Fuel pump, fuel regulator, extractors & T18 Diff then I'll start my conversion. Report
February 16, 200917 yr Author comment_318720 Here's some Pictures of the only rust I can find so far other than minor surface rust. I'm expecting to find more once I pull it apart however. Report
February 16, 200917 yr comment_318772 which fender mirrors are they on the dato? shame what happened to it it looked sweet!!! Report
February 16, 200917 yr Author comment_318781 which fender mirrors are they on the dato? shame what happened to it it looked sweet!!! I don't think they are genuine fender mirrors they said fender mirrors but they look just like standard door mirrors to me. Got a brand new spare set for $20 + postage if you want em. Here's a link to them on ebay. Mirrors Report
February 16, 200917 yr comment_318784 sure thing mate how's $30 delivered 2127 by registered post? (aus post had f@$ked me a few times when not registered) I can send money through on thurs Report
February 17, 200917 yr Author comment_319104 actually i still got cash now can send money now lol Pm'd my details. Report
February 25, 200917 yr Author comment_322249 Ok so I wanted to put a stereo in and I haven't owned a sedan since 04 and just had utes so I really missed having decent subs that aren't slimline. So I was going to spend a fortune on a setup but couldn't be stuffed since it is only a rolla and resorted to some cheap stuff but it should still sound ok. Just gotta buy another 6rca out pioneer head deck with sub control and some 6 inch 2 way pioneer speakers most likely the top of the line ones. Here's some pic's of when I was testing to see how I should mount it all. Stuff as follows: 2x Powervox amps 140wrms x 4 (wonder how long they will last they feel so cheap no weight) 2x Performance Teknique 12" dual voice coil 500wrms 1x Performance Teknique 15" dual voice coil 600wrms 1x SSL 2 Farad Capacitor. Also got a bunch of stinger 4 gauge wiring, splitters, fuse block and other things from a setup in one of my old cars. I know the subs are ok cause my mate has them but I dunno about the amps all my experiences I've had with cheap amps are bad. Report
February 25, 200917 yr comment_322383 thats crazy your gonna rattle the rolla apart :lolcry: nice build good Report
February 25, 200917 yr comment_322471 looks alright, take that 15inch sub out unless you want to lose output Edited February 25, 200917 yr by Roo Report
February 26, 200917 yr Author comment_322627 looks alright, take that 15inch sub out unless you want to lose output I think its a bit over the top I'll see how it goes all together prob will pull out the 15 though. What do you mean by output? Like power output? I'm not installing any of it till I respray the car and put in the 4age. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now