Bluterus's Ke70

bluterus

Do you mean literally stick it? Does it never really dry out fully?

Or is that stick to it because of the sort of porous nature of it? Like if you put it on, you could still readily get all the dirt out with the pressure hose at the car wash?

Yeah it fully dries but like you said because it is of a porous nature and it is very soft dirt and anything sticks to it. So yeah you could wash it clean.

My new XR8 use to look like the corolla in the arches now after 110,000kms it looks greyish coloured and a lot has come off from being sandblasted with rocks and road grime. It would be easier spending the $25 and redoing it.

Anyways update time. Got my new bearings packed and rotors fitted will be lowering it today and bolting up the swaybar. I'm using the crappy looking AE86 discs I had for sale just to get it registered then going to throw on my FC brakes. Reason for this is the 86 ones look stock whereas the FC's certainly don't and I would need it engineered.

This thing will be engineered once the brakes are on but I really don't want to have that hassle before I get it on the road.

dsc00788k.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it fully dries but like you said because it is of a porous nature and it is very soft dirt and anything sticks to it. So yeah you could wash it clean.

My new XR8 use to look like the corolla in the arches now after 110,000kms it looks greyish coloured and a lot has come off from being sandblasted with rocks and road grime. It would be easier spending the $25 and redoing it.

Anyways update time. Got my new bearings packed and rotors fitted will be lowering it today and bolting up the swaybar. I'm using the crappy looking AE86 discs I had for sale just to get it registered then going to throw on my FC brakes. Reason for this is the 86 ones look stock whereas the FC's certainly don't and I would need it engineered.

This thing will be engineered once the brakes are on but I really don't want to have that hassle before I get it on the road.

dsc00788k.jpg

Ok so on Sunday I did some real progress on the rolla. I trial fit the engine so I could weigh down the front and finish bolting up the swaybar and tightening the LCA's. I Also pulled out all the trailing arms, painted them and replaced the bushes, installed 18mm rear adjustable swaybar, adjustable panhard rod, lowered springs, Boge turbo shocks. I gave the diff a quick hit with black paint since it was all rusty but don't care too much about it as Ill be pulling it out for another diff.

Just gotta body deaden the wheel arches, fuel tank and area around the tank then bodywork can commence.

dsc00806oo.jpg

dsc00813p.jpg

This car I saw the other day for shits and giggles

dsc00808h.jpg

lovin the progress...

Cheers man. Will get the brake lines and fuel lines out tonight from the front to rear as they are rusty as hell. Going to get all new ones. I'm busy this weekend so not much will happen but the following weekend I should have started on the body work.

Did the Lucida hit V-tech!? :yes:

LOL surprisingly not. Isn't a Lucida a Toyota aswell?

Saw some great cars at drift attack on Saturday. A FWD Celica with DRIFT across the windscreen and a Prelude with Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator across the top of the windscreen lol they also were covered in other stickers and had terrible body kits.

looking good mate, loving the blue and black paint in the engine bay

Cheers man! I was originally going to go red and black but thought not many are blue and I like blue.

I got a Kelway strut brace the other day so going to anodise blue the ends like the pulleys and have the polished bar. Probably will leave the intake manifold the plain silver.

So I didn't get much done over the weekend as I had my Sister down from Newcastle so was entertaining her on Sunday and Saturday helped a mate move house with my truck. But that's worked out good because as payment he's going to help me with the body work.

All I got done was pulled the alternator apart painted it aluminium silver, Painted the rear cover high temp gloss black and the pulley anodised blue. I think it came out alright.

dsc00817uc.jpg

dude I'm hell sorry about the datto

i got shivers when i saw the written off photo

i guess it happens to the best of us ey?

Me too but hey I really really wanted to do a corolla anyways and the rolla is going to be 100 times better.

I wasn't upset at all when I pranged it. I jumped on the net and started looking for corolla's the next day lol.

Edited by bluterus

keep up the good work man

i gave away my 4A-GE which had been sittiing in my mums shed for about 8 years to my mate to put in his KE70

i just found a KE70 and I'm f****** kicking myself after seeing what a good looking engine yours has turned out to be

ahh well...keep up the good work man XD

keep up the good work man

i gave away my 4A-GE which had been sittiing in my mums shed for about 8 years to my mate to put in his KE70

i just found a KE70 and I'm f****** kicking myself after seeing what a good looking engine yours has turned out to be

ahh well...keep up the good work man XD

Cheers man.

Just find a cheap 4AGE and rebuild it. If you're gonna rebuild it and replace most things then the cheapest one you can get will do.

• 2 weeks later...

Done some more work. Bought a Kelway Strut Brace and painted the end's anodised blue. Polished my Intake manifold and painted the throttle body. Cleaned up the TVIS fitted blue silicone vacuum lines. Got my New flywheel. Got my Braided turbo lines. Got to rig up the oil drain in the sump then fit the flywheel. Also I painted all my water pipes silver and pulled apart my windscreen wiper motor and painted that and a few other things.

dsc00844m.jpg

dsc00843r.jpg

dsc00841l.jpg

dsc00838ec.jpg

Edited by bluterus