Ca18 Ke20 ** Almost Finished Pics On Last Page

oke020

I'm an ugly mofo so lucky for her :hmm:

Donk is back in, and its got gears now :no2: will do some detailing once i sort the wiring. New dash pad is on and boot seal in, only need to re-sika one spot :( stupid flash shows up every bit of dust, its covered in it again :wink:

3274.jpg

3275.jpg

3276.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mwahah can't do 2am slogs anymore, kids get me up at 5-5.30am every morning, i turned in a 10:58pm not 1:58am :hmm: slogging it as i need to have this thing out of the shed by weekend, got another car coming in and my daily is out of reg, i am sure am only days away from the wooop woooop red and blues behind me haha

Oh thanks KE20SR for sending me dash etc all packaged nicely.

Had to push my corollas out of the shed to clean up a bit on the weekend, had a vid cam sitting there so video'd the 2JZ ke20 warming up, hadn't been started in 4 weeks or so had to clean up the plugs to get it to start, will need to sort the tune a bit i think, hard to get a good idle with 6 x 1600cc injectors :hmm:

Yes i can't wait to turn it up this year, bizzare because i have a potential 8 sec car there but instead i am enjoying tinkering with a maybe 12 sec car, been thinking lately why i have a 50-60k investment in the shed unused and a i drive a $250 3 cyl suzuki everyday, this is what the new 20 will fix :lolcry:

oooooooooooooo plans i love plans :lolcry: i know it should be in the oke020 thread but hay it happens lol

well not everybody can have an 8sec streetable car and a posible 12 sec streetable car but you have them both so i salute you :) :hmm:

Ok after 3-4 nights on the creeper i think i have finished under this thing for a bit (lucky as if i had to wash ATF out of my hair once more i was going to kick the peace of sh#t into next week :| ). Turns out i had to pull the valvebody out of the gearbox again as the internal shifter mechanism had cracked, once i got it all welded up and back together i found the shifter linkage was now 1" to short, looks like when the conversion was originally done something was a miss :D lol

Last night i made a new rear section for the 3" mandrel exhaust now going under the diff instead of over to suit the new ride height, The wiring i think is all done, up on the stands it seems to go through gears ok but wont know until i take it for a spin. Next few nights i need to prep/paint the front apron and a few other misc bits, then onto more sanding/buffing etc

Pics to come.