What Engine In Ke30

dreamin

Members dont see this ad
y not an ca18, sr20, 12aT, 13bN/A, 4age, 2tgeu or something easy like that bud???

hey, don't wanna go turbo,had a vl an it was a f@$kin pain in the arse, don't like rotors. don't really know thhe other 2. the v6 wouldnt be any harder thatn the others would it? i was thinkin v6 cos they're dirt cheap an go ok with a 5spd

hey, don't wanna go turbo,had a vl an it was a f@$kin pain in the arse, don't like rotors. don't really know thhe other 2. the v6 wouldnt be any harder thatn the others would it? i was thinkin v6 cos they're dirt cheap an go ok with a 5spd

yeah i have seen the vn 3.8's be put into celica's before so it shouldnt be to hard but, i just threw afew ideas at ya man thats all

Yes. Practically every engine combination known to man has been done, and at least one write-up on each exists on the interweb.

One of the Tasmanian boys has done it.

Spend a night or two wandering around the site, and then you'll have a better idea of what your up for for any given conversion.

Yes. Practically every engine combination known to man has been done, and at least one write-up on each exists on the interweb.

One of the Tasmanian boys has done it.

Spend a night or two wandering around the site, and then you'll have a better idea of what your up for for any given conversion.

ah had a look at NickZ v6 conversion, look real good. should be enough 2 get me started. thanks guys

Seeing as though your in vic and you'll be struggling to get it engineered, why not spend a bit of extra cash and put an injected 5ltr in it? You could get one in with very little firewall mods, providing you use a trimatic. It would be just as un-engineerable. If you want it legal go turbo 4. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by decoop

Seeing as though your in vic and you'll be struggling to get it engineered, why not spend a bit of extra cash and put an injected 5ltr in it? You could get one in with very little firewall mods, providing you use a trimatic. It would be just as un-engineerable. If you want it legal go turbo 4. Just my 2 cents.

hey, a 5 litre would be mad but i don't wanna spend that much and i'd really like it to be manual. plus i don't really wanny cut into the firewall. not really a big fan of going the turbo route either. i do like them but they can be a pain in the arse. my thoughts were a vn v6 would be a good cheap option. do you know what else if anything i have to upgrade to het it engineered? i thought vic was one of the best states to get stuff engineered?

hey, a 5 litre would be mad but i don't wanna spend that much and i'd really like it to be manual. plus i don't really wanny cut into the firewall. not really a big fan of going the turbo route either. i do like them but they can be a pain in the arse. my thoughts were a vn v6 would be a good cheap option. do you know what else if anything i have to upgrade to het it engineered? i thought vic was one of the best states to get stuff engineered?

you don't have to cut the firewall at all for the holden v8 my mate has just done the conversion and only had to give the tunnel a light hit with the hammer for the trans and if you was to use a carby v8 it would be cheaper then the v6 option. I'm in the middle of having my v6 corolla passed it has ra60 brakes on the front and a disk brake commordore diff butt it came down to fitting within there power to weight rules but I'm in tas.

you don't have to cut the firewall at all for the holden v8 my mate has just done the conversion and only had to give the tunnel a light hit with the hammer for the trans and if you was to use a carby v8 it would be cheaper then the v6 option. I'm in the middle of having my v6 corolla passed it has ra60 brakes on the front and a disk brake commordore diff butt it came down to fitting within there power to weight rules but I'm in tas.

A carby v8 would be pretty sick if i didnt have 2 cut the firewall. how much heavier than the v6 do u reckon it would be?

hey guys i've been thinking bout putting a vn v6 5spd in my rolla, just seeing if anyone on here has done it. i need a bit of info. any help would be good cheers

It's never been done before, you will be the first. But hey, if you do get around to completing the conversion could you please post up some info for me, so that I can use the search function and find out more about it. That'd be much appreciated as I really want to put a Commodore engine in my little Rolla.

Thanks in advance,

Sam.

It's never been done before, you will be the first. But hey, if you do get around to completing the conversion could you please post up some info for me, so that I can use the search function and find out more about it. That'd be much appreciated as I really want to put a Commodore engine in my little Rolla.

Thanks in advance,

Sam.

never been done before??? i have one a v6 and supra 5speed and I'm sure there are plenty more around