Boot And Bonnet Glue

kiahn

just wondering if anyone shares the same problem..

the glue in between the bonnet and the metal frame supporting the bonnet is starting to shatter

and drop bits into my engine bay and the same is happening with my boot lid.

i was wondering if this is a bad thing and if i shud fix it asap, i just don't want my bonnet to fly up in my face.

any help or advice appreciated

Edited by kiahn

Members dont see this ad
yes and yes if you ask nicely at the counter :dance:

it is like a really sticky glue and once it sets it doesnt really like to move again!!

Lucky I stumbled across this thread because my bonnet is doing the same thing with it's glue.

Sikaflex should be available at Bunnings too. (For those that like to do late night shopping on Monday to Wednesday)

just did mine yesterday..... you can use whatever you have around..... i used bathroom sealer which we used on our bath

works just like sikaflex........... silicone/no more nails will also do the job......

lol I'm sure your bonnet isnt just gunna fly in your face.....

good luck with it people

Lucky I stumbled across this thread because my bonnet is doing the same thing with it's glue.

Sikaflex should be available at Bunnings too. (For those that like to do late night shopping on Monday to Wednesday)

hehe like me?

bunning totally needs to expand their range of shite available to car people, or one of the car shops needs longer trading.

the supercheap back home in darwin recently extended their hours to 9m on fridays, i went there a lot in those times and store was always packed with people who can't shop in normal hours...