Ae71 Panno Buildup

recks02

Hi guys,

I've got an AE71 panno that I'm currently building up and I need some advice on what colour to change it to.

It is currently beige (with black primer and rust highlights) and so far my options are:

1. Gloss black (Silhouette from BF Falcon).

2. Midnight purple (R33 GT-R)

3. Beige with wood look side panels (with gold lowrider style wire wheels)

The respray will be done roughly when I get my tax refund this year. Any thoughts on these options (or others) will help me out heaps.

I'll try and put some photos up shortly.

Edited by recks02

Members dont see this ad

The correct answer is number 3. Get on the Retro Rides forum if you need any inspiration. Few lads over in the UK have gone with this style on various vehicles and if done well fair looks the dogs bollocks yeh.

Dead set mate....... Black or Purple would be nice......... but done........... you know what to do.

Even if you don't go with the wire wheels......... just some widened steelies with a set of flappers would look ace.

Will dig up some pics for you for inspiration when I get a chance.

Here are some pics in it's current state.

Left side:

post-7753-1235989802_thumb.jpg

Front suspension removed:

post-7753-1235989957_thumb.jpg

Will eventually get new bushes throughout:

post-7753-1235989876_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the opinion CHOBIS, i'm gonna try and get some timber look wallpaper/contact tomorrow to see what retro will look like.

That looks clean bar the black paint on the wags part of it man :dance:

i am in the procces of painting my ae71 two tone black top yellow bottom and i am VERY bias :dance: but i reackon the new ve blue, ford's blueprint blue or the lambo yellow just my opinion bud good luck with it bud

cheers Justin

Instead of getting wire wheels and spending a fortune, how about powdercoating the GSR pepperpots and spraying them a shiney gold???

might look ok?

On the wheels front, I'm still undecided on what style to go with (obviously a set of racing style wheels won't suit).

So for the time being, the GSR rims will stay.

Thanks for your help guys.

I'll post progress pics as they happen.

On the wheels front, I'm still undecided on what style to go with (obviously a set of racing style wheels won't suit).

So for the time being, the GSR rims will stay.

Thanks for your help guys.

I'll post progress pics as they happen.

Yep you're on the right track mate. Good stuff. There is actually a wood look stick on type stuff that you can use to do the look you are going for. It's available from Bunnings and my mate used it to do a flash trim feature on the side of his Beetle. It however is difficult to work with and is not overly pliable, but it may be worth a shot.

By the way..... I agree with the comments that the rims you have on there could look super cool with the style you are aiming for........ keep us updated mate...... this particular project stirs something in me.