3t Or 4ac

Da_77_Rolla

Members dont see this ad

I had a KE30 3TC. Was awesome fun.

Things you will need: - Upgraded Diff

- Custom tailshaft (some say a stock one can line up fine)

- T-50 from the 4AC (If its manual). Need a bellhousing for a T - T50 though and not a A - T50.

- Custom engine mounts (nothing to hard)

- Might need to customise the gearbox mount (Heard that KE55 Manual bolts up ok)

- Modify the radiator (some have just extended the lines and kept the stock positioning of the radiator outlets).

- Guessing you already got a Hydraulic pedal box so you don't have to worry about that.

I would advise upgraded front brakes, but thats just after my experiences of how hard my went :yes: And like I said it would be wise to upgrade the diff (maybe a TA22 item). I blew my center in about 30mins :D

Cheers Fusion

I had a KE30 3TC. Was awesome fun.

Things you will need: - Upgraded Diff

- Custom tailshaft (some say a stock one can line up fine)

- T-50 from the 4AC (If its manual). Need a bellhousing for a T - T50 though and not a A - T50.

- Custom engine mounts (nothing to hard)

- Might need to customise the gearbox mount (Heard that KE55 Manual bolts up ok)

- Modify the radiator (some have just extended the lines and kept the stock positioning of the radiator outlets).

- Guessing you already got a Hydraulic pedal box so you don't have to worry about that.

I would advise upgraded front brakes, but thats just after my experiences of how hard my went :yes: And like I said it would be wise to upgrade the diff (maybe a TA22 item). I blew my center in about 30mins :D

Cheers Fusion

COOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

sounds like the way to GO!!

Thanks

3t all the way, use ta22 engine mounts and it will bolt in nice and snug, nice and close to the fire wall.

use a t18 diff as theres more options avalible, axles are easy to come buy, disk and lsd easily avalible,

converting to hydro clutch is easy if you have a welder for the bracket off the pedal

they have nice torque and are crossflow

and you can turbo one cheaply and have good results

my basic turbo 2t would fishy 2nd in the dry no worries.

be warned i have never herda 2/3t sound nice

I've heard plenty of nice-sounding 2Ts, you just have to remember it's a 30-year-old engine design and only 1.6L.

4ACs on the other hand I have not heard a good one of those, mainly because most people just chuck a cannon on the back of an AE82 and bingo - instant fart in a milo tin.

if you wanna hear a nice 3t go to youtube and search "3tc turbo" and you'll find at least four or five drag cars doing 8 or 9 second runs. they are pushing 30lb or more of boost into these engines in the states and getting good results.

I'm going to make a for sale thread today with a whole heap of gear i planned on using on my 3T but never got around to. ive got sidedraft manifolds, mikuni solex carbs, an EFI manifold from a 3teu and a customs turbo manifold and turbo

You must of never had one with twin Webers and 12mm ram tubes :D Best sound ever, so bloody loud :yes:

A T18 diff will be wider than a KE30 diff. If you use a TA22 diff it will be same width (I am pretty sure. Just need to change over the leaf spring mounts.

Edited by fusion

Hahaha so true, funnily enough I actually had a 2TG teasing my 3TC in the same workshop! Bastard motor :D

Since your in SA, I may be able to help you out a little if you get into trouble. Especially since it will bring back the memories :yes:

As everyone has already said definitely go 3T. very torquey engine for a small car like a KE30

I bought Fusions KE30 after he had converted it to 3TC and it went very hard for what it was. As he said though a diff change should definitely be on the cards. He blew a few? centres. I snapped a pair of axles and afaik when I sold it the whole rear end went lol

As for sound I would've said mine sounded pretty ok with extractors and 2 inch exhaust with ressie and rear muffler. that was stock carby.

Cheers, Ben.