Re-chroming Bumpers

Members dont see this ad

If they are straight, just need rechroming, then it shouldnt cost more then $200-$300 per bar.

I had a rear bar (for a mysterious holden model) done a few months ago and it set me back just under $200.

the real expense comes when you need a full restoration of the bars (like what Lexxi is on about) That price would more then likely include reshaping and rechroming of the bars.

To give you some more perspective,

2 tail light surrounds, 2 headlight surrounds and a front bar (not for a corolla, but something of the same vintage) set us back just over $800.

That was to repair, reshape, re-polish and re-annodize the surrounds, and to straighten and rechrome the front bar.

once when i was watching myth busters (gay i know) they were busting a myth on coca cola and just how bad it is for you. One of the tests involved shining chrome on bumpers, and it worked. If you get a rag and soak it in coke and scrub for a while then the chrome will come up very nicely!

(that's assuming that's what you mean by re-chroming haha)

• 4 weeks later...
once when i was watching myth busters (gay i know) they were busting a myth on coca cola and just how bad it is for you. One of the tests involved shining chrome on bumpers, and it worked. If you get a rag and soak it in coke and scrub for a while then the chrome will come up very nicely!

(that's assuming that's what you mean by re-chroming haha)

Hahahahahahah

sorry i will have to try your idear gooza

sounds like it'll work if myth busters did it

so every time i wash my car ill go and get

a 600ml coca cola NOT.

"KE55 GLAMOUR GIRL"

just try to find a overrated set of bars eg wreckers,rollaclub for sale,ebay etc..

should only be around $100 $250 $300

you will never get your money back of them if you rechrome them.

cheers shaun

That's right. Buying better/cleaner bars would be a lot cheaper than getting them re-chromed.

They aren't too hard to find, just keep a look out in the "wrecking" section on here as people

strip KE55's all the time.

However you will probably be very satisfied if you get them re-chromed, but your wallet won't be.

yeah, ive managed to score two sets of chrome bars now XD a good set and a spare set, not quite as good but more for a just in case!

wasnt easy to find them as the XX bars are very limited due to there only being 500 XX's made, but deffinately better off looking at wreckers, or polishing for hours on end to get them looking nice, trust me it can be done, mine looked pretty bad till i got the autosol onto them!

Edited by Murd 55

yeah, ive managed to score two sets of chrome bars now XD a good set and a spare set, not quite as good but more for a just in case!

wasnt easy to find them as the XX bars are very limited due to there only being 500 XX's made, but deffinately better off looking at wreckers, or polishing for hours on end to get them looking nice, trust me it can be done, mine looked pretty bad till i got the autosol onto them!

Off topic, but....

The 'wrap around' bars are not just on the XX's, they were also on the late CS ke55'S.