March 23, 200917 yr comment_330288 Hey just wondering if a bent chassis could be fixed. I slammed my ke70 into a gutter on the left hand side and it hit the rim and the part on the front to tow it and have realised theres a crease in the chassis behind the strut. Was just wondering if anyone could help me with some advice in what to do with it? Or if theres a place in adelaide that could help me out. Cheers Rundell Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330300 Scrap it. Get a new one. Panel beaters can fix it i beleive but it would cost more than the cars worth. Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330301 Take it to a chassis place in Adelaide and get a quote. I would say you would be up for more than a new KE70 would cost you I am afraid. That sort of thing is not cheap to repair imho. Report
March 23, 200917 yr Author comment_330303 yeh i no they gonna charge an arm and a leg but wondering if someone had ideas how i could do it myself Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330317 Scrap it, i had same problem. no one would touch cause they get more out of insurance Jobs and shit, Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330326 yeh i no they gonna charge an arm and a leg but wondering if someone had ideas how i could do it myself Not properly. It may not be as expensive as you think. I've had it done a couple of times, although I was charged "rally" rates. Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330335 IT-depends how bad it is bent if it is like the one in my pic its stuffed, If it is just a little bit bent put it on a rack or similar and straighten it yourself endless chains work well. Have a go. Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330507 ^^^^ ouch And I doubt you would want to be attempting your own chassis repairs without decent skills mate :P Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330515 Ive done it once or twice with race cars, big chain, heavy set tree, and back/drive the car away in the direction needed. Then get the porta-power in there (or simply a bottle jack if you need to) and press and bang till you get it straight enough. I wouldnt exactly trust that sort of repair in a road car though. Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330518 hey mate some dick ran up my arse and bent my chassis..... cost me $150 to get it straightened..... but mine was only out like 2mm max..... all depends how badly bnet it is.... and I'm sure your car is worth more than $150 hope this helps luke Report
March 24, 200917 yr comment_330545 It could be dangerous to do it yourself, with no experience or training or whatever. It's dangerous in the first place which is why not many panel beaters do it. Bend it in the wrong direction and it could snap or greatly weaken the chassis. My mum's bf who's a panel beater charged Tume about $500 I think to straighten his but I didn't see how bad it was damaged. It depends how much damage is done and where it is. Report
March 24, 200917 yr comment_330546 depending where the bend is, its also legal to cut and shut the chassis rail. There is however a certain way to go about it (staggered cuts, extra prep work etc) but it is entirely legal (well last I checked it was in NSW) But best bet for you it would seem, would be to go to a few panel beaters with some detailed photos and ask for quotes. Then make a decision. Report
March 24, 200917 yr Author comment_330718 hmm i see i might go check a few panel beaters out and just see what the price will cost. Its not that far out just wheels in a bit towards the door more than the other side and can see crease in chassis. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now