Yo Vip... Lets Kick It

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that has to be the worse line i have ever seen in a pop song. now i understand how the new wave of ringtone rappers can get away with the shit songs they release.... Vanilla Ice set the precedent.

It could be 'throw like a harpoon daily and nightly' which would make more sense i suppose but i was tired last night and stuggled to remember those lyrics as they are

that has to be the worse line i have ever seen in a pop song. now i understand how the new wave of ringtone rappers can get away with the shit songs they release.... Vanilla Ice set the precedent.

He also set the precedent of barely putting in any effort to actually writing a song apart from lyrics, instead ripping just about the entire tune (apart from one note) from the Queen/Bowie song Under Pressure.

Ok, maybe it wasn't the first to do it, but it was very blatant in it's ignorance of the original writers (they sued and eventually got credit/royalties) and previous songs to do it (like Rapper's Delight, which is a good song) at least had some kind of credit in there.

Sooo much of modern music is the same, just based off samples from other (often much much better) songs. Rihanna - SOS (painfully crappy sample of the excellent Tainted Love) and Missy Elliot - Lose Control (similar endless loop of a part of Cybotron's Clear, also an excellent song) are two that immediately spring to mind because I love the originals so much but absolutely despise the songs which sample them.

meh i like it and it's a pain in the ass when it gets stuck in ya head!!! i refrase that a good song not very good

so now the second verse starts!!!!!

now that the party is jumping... with the bass kicked in

and the fingers are pumpin....

Edited by mr ae71