Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Suggestions For No. Plate

Featured Replies

Ok roll up roll up.

 

I am bored and well got started thinking of my plates for my AE71 which is nearly finished it's heart transplant. It is full nana spec with venetian, sun visor, doilies on the rear headrests, picnic rug on back seat. Running on Sigma Turbo Rims with whitewalls.

 

Oh and it has a 4AGE 20 Valve motor in it with 5 speed.

 

In SA you can have full custom plates up to 7 letters or numbers or you can have these premium style plates with any combo of four letters and two numbers of five letters and two numbers.

 

Bear in mind that the whole idea of this project is sleeper so anything letting on that it is 20 valve is no good.

 

Some ideas I have had so far:

 

NANA 71

NANNA 1

NANS 71

LUVNANA

MYNANA

LUKE 71

NANAS

LUVNAN

BOWLS

BOWLIN

 

 

4AC4LYF - 4ac for life

4ACFTW - 4ac for the win

4ACFTL - 4ac for the lose

 

That's it so far. I don't really like the 4AC plates as I am not a fan of internet speak outside of the internet so to speak but if the survey says yes, then why not. I can always change them I suppose.

LUKE71 would be cool i think :(

 

or BOWLS or even BOWELS ahahaha :)

 

Travis

NAN-071

 

POP-071

 

(I like these ones cos they look sort of stock, like PMP-020)

 

TIRED-71

 

ORIG-71

 

LUKE 71 would be good too I guess, as its like your username

 

or even NVDA71, that'd be hectik but paint it pink, take out the springs and put on some 17" chromies with baby blue walls :)

 

Cheers, Ben.

 

ps I got a few different lawn bowl stickers which would look at home on her for a small fee :(

RAE-071

 

Old plates, but if your recognize the car you will recognize the plates. Plus there way cheaper.

 

I dunno depends what approach your taking, if i saw a rolla with custom plates 4acftl i would immediately jump at there being something nasty in there.:(

Just think the older style plate, but still with meaning behind it, wont attract attention unless from someone who understands the car, plus it suits the old/granny style.

 

I dunno just an opinion.

 

Bugz

I know you mentioned wanting to keep it sleeper and not mentioning the 20v, but I thought 'WTF 20V' would be good..

NANA-69

 

OLD-071

 

GRAN-71

 

G-SPEC

 

RIP-NAN

 

RIP-POP

 

AGED-71

 

ALZIMAS

 

RETIRED

RETYRED

 

SENIORS

i'd say find some standard plates from the time it was new. old people tend not to have custom plates. unless its there initials or something like that.

 

does it have its first set of plates? if so keep them on there. if not do some research into what it did have. eg. talk to previous owners or look up old rego papers.

1+ For original plates or older style plates.

 

Being a AE71 id say it had U series plates from stock. maybe something like UAE-071 (AE71) or UST-071 (Silver Top 71)

my ae71 had 001 OKY on it and i wish i had the original plates but i am putting SLOW AS on my ae71

With the older style, you can only get R or S series. So RAE071 or SAE071.

 

I know there is RKE 020 (Our KE20) on my mates car, and i shall soon have RAE 082 on my ae82 rolla.

I thought the R and S series plates were only available to cars which were made around the time R and S series plates were being issued. I shall be getting SLO-030 suprise suprise.

so i must have got lucky with mine then cause they had been on my rolla since day 1 then

Na it doesnt matter, or deff didn't for me. No questions as to what i drove, or nothing out of the norm.

 

Theres some skylines around with SLY 031, 032 etc, and i figure they are S series, or they may be personalized.

Either way i don't think it matters what car they go on cause the whole idea is cars of those years are generally at u-pull-it or similar by now anyway. They just re-introduce them cause they can.

 

Bonus its only 75 bucks too.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.