Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kj's Corolla - Ke55 Liftback Deluxe - »»°frog 55°««

Featured Replies

  • Replies 67
  • Views 78.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

And now to upgrade the front suspension..

I have Celica front struts now... 51mm as opposed to my stock 45mm corolla struts..

But I need Short Stroke Shocks, so I can get the car low...

Any suggestions of which shocks are the best/easiest to fit?

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Cheers :-)

Oh nice! only took you a year to put the motor in haha. I am exactly the same don't worry... How does it go?

 

As for front shocks there is a bunch of info around. Look at what people use for Ae86 struts and also xt130.

 

Cheers

  • Author

yeah it only took a year.. I thought I'd give the old 4k a nice decent thrashing before we puller her out... but it still ran fine.. typical reliable corolla engines haha!!

But it was time to pull the finger out and do the upgrade!!

 

As for suspension,

I've ordered lowered springs, but I need lowered shocks otherwise springs will fall out!!

 

What are the best solutions for 51mm front struts (mine are RA40 Celica struts)

  • Author

Right - think I got my front suspension sorted....

 

Ordered KYB Short Stroke Shocks, Super Low Springs (modified to suit celica strut on bottom, but with KE55 top to fit my strut hat)..

 

Once all the bits arrive, we'll see if it sits any lower than it was...!! Fingers crossed.. :-)

Edited by KJ's Rollas

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

post-1761-0-41743200-1352321773_thumb.jpg

 

Got new suspension in... rear is perfect.. front still not quite sitting as nice as I would like.. but we'll give it a few test runs and see if the front springs settle down a bit..

 

Painted my wheels too!

Edited by KJ's Rollas

Wheels look awesome! as does the height

 

Good work

  • Author

Thanks man,

Maybe it's just me but I thought the front could go down like half an inch more.. but maybe I'm just being too picky lol!!

I think it looks spot on! Love it!

Wheels look absolutely awesome, Karl - as does the ride height. I freaking love this car and have a massive soft spot for these as I nearly ended up with one as my first car.

 

Every time I see a post from you I think about my old smashed up willow green KE11 that your dad bought from me...makes me sad!

 

Any chance you could take a picture of that car and send it to me one day? When it got crashed I was so upset I never took a photo of it all smashed up, and there have been many tiems I've wanted to show someone the remains of my dream car.

 

Hows your dad going with his KE1* project(s) - anything happening? Say hi to him for me.

 

Cheers

Tom

  • Author

Hahaha long time no chat Tom!!

Yeah the KE11 still kicks around at my parents place! It's even still under cover believe it or not!!

The KE10 is his baby - bought it brand new when he was a lad - number 47 in the world, and one of 6 shipped to Australia direct from Japan (before AMI started assembling them here)

So he was planning to use your KE11 parts to fix up his KE10 - although his KE10 is straight, there are a few things that wore out over the years lol!!

I can see if I can get a photo at some point for you - I know how much these cars can mean to some people - like me and the FROG lol

Yeah I'll get some better pics in sunlight one day!

 

Cheers,

 

KJ :-)

  • 8 months later...

Latest Update:

 

FROG is re-registered again, and now with my new genuine import Work Equip wheels!

 

post-1761-007920400 1292835530_thumb.jpg

post-1761-097976600 1292835602_thumb.jpg

post-1761-099721300 1292835653_thumb.jpg

 

Looking forward to the next Rollaclub cruise!

 

Hey,

 

What tire size is she on?

  • Author

In those pictures, the gold rims are 14", but I now have 15" rims - easier to get tyres for!! More choice etc...!!

FROG is currently hibernating for the winter - come October, she'll be on the road again!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.