March 19, 201214 yr Author comment_591377 Best day of our lives since the project started today. :yes: :D She's finally Club Registered !!! :D :D :D :D :D Dad left work early, picked me up straight after school, went straight down to Vicroads in Broady, and got my Plates and Logbook. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: We screwed on the plates, slapped on the Rego Sticker, then went down to the BP Servo, put in $30 (20L) of Ultimate, bought some new L-Plates, and went for a cruise around Sunbury. :D We also went up the end of the street, and got some more photos. Enjoy! :) Woz & Josh :cool: Report
March 19, 201214 yr Author comment_591378 More good photos. :) At my poppa's house. He said he is very very proud of what me and dad have achieved. :) In Sunbury. We're livin' in the 70s. :D In the Garage. Woz & Josh :cool: Edited March 19, 201214 yr by JJT036 Report
March 19, 201214 yr comment_591412 huge congrats mate..! love the pic beside the Val, gone ole skool :dance: Report
March 19, 201214 yr Author comment_591419 huge congrats mate..! love the pic beside the Val, gone ole skool :dance: Cheers mate. :y: I'm still over the moon. :yes: The photo next to the Valiant was one I had to take. Looked very cool next to it. :) Josh :cool: Report
March 19, 201214 yr comment_591450 This thing has come along way from the start mate, you and the old man have done a great job with it!, I love the sunroof mate it tops it off in my book, Well done lads looks great Report
March 19, 201214 yr comment_591451 This thing has come along way from the start mate, you and the old man have done a great job with it!, I love the sunroof mate it tops it off in my book, Well done lads looks great You're a bit of a late night warrior, aren't you SLW42? Report
March 20, 201214 yr Author comment_591550 This thing has come along way from the start mate, you and the old man have done a great job with it!, I love the sunroof mate it tops it off in my book, Well done lads looks great Cheers Justin. I love the sunroof. One of the best things in the car, besides the Holley 180. :) You're a bit of a late night warrior, aren't you SLW42? I've been noticing this for a while. What's the go Justin? Bit of an update. Fitted an Electronic Fuel Pump we bought at Autobarn at CC&D Epping on Sunday. Got the hoses, tech-screwed the Pump on, clamped the hoses, neatly hid the hoses, and it run's a treat. Only reason for this, is because the original mechanical pump wasn't feeding enough fuel into the Holley 180 at (only estimating) around 4000rpm. So this was the answer, and it works beautifully. :) We also went around to poppa's house again, only to take a photo of an original Neville Lindsay's Sticker on the back window of his KE10, which we're gonna email to a sticker reproducer in Ballarat. (Cheers Ben-89 for the recommendation). :) Woz & Josh :cool: Report
March 20, 201214 yr Author comment_591565 Thought I'd do before an after photo posts of this project. The day I got it (1085 days ago - 3 years in 10 days). :) How she is now. :) Josh :cool: Edited March 20, 201214 yr by JJT036 Report
March 20, 201214 yr comment_591580 Great stuff guys. Looks amazing! Love the colour :yes: You still got the jellybean rims? They would look sweet after a good polish and repaint. Would set it off nicely I reckon.. Keep at it. Cheers Chris Report
March 20, 201214 yr Author comment_591581 Great stuff guys. Looks amazing! Love the colour :yes: You still got the jellybean rims? They would look sweet after a good polish and repaint. Would set it off nicely I reckon.. Keep at it. Cheers Chris Cheers Chris. :y: Yes, I still have them. Just sitting in the back shed. I've occasionally been thinking about polishing them up and painting the centres (PCD-area) black, and throw on new 195/60s for the Front, and new 215/60s for the rear. I reckon they might look good on this. Give it that more "Japanese Hot-Rod" look. :) Josh :cool: Report
March 20, 201214 yr comment_591584 Grats on the rego guys!!!! Such and awesome transformation! Keen to see it in person, thinking I may have to make the effort to make next CC&D. Stu. Report
March 20, 201214 yr Author comment_591585 Grats on the rego guys!!!! Such and awesome transformation! Keen to see it in person, thinking I may have to make the effort to make next CC&D. Stu. Cheers Stu. :y: The next CC&D we'll be attending will be the Brimbank Park meet in June. Only down the Calder HWY for us. :yes: Josh :cool: Report
March 20, 201214 yr comment_591617 You're a bit of a late night warrior, aren't you SLW42? Yes sir!!! I don't have a job and am slowly turning into a insomniac so that my excuse :P, I've noticed you occasionally do the same not as much as me though Report
March 24, 201214 yr Author comment_592392 Today consisted of more cleaning and painting. :) We got ourselves another diff for Ollie today. The one in it now is starting to leak, and dad reckons it has more slop in it than a St. Kilda special. :lol: So we got the new diff in the garage and had a proper look at it. We took off the brake shoes to find dust, and a nest of bull-ants living and repopulating in the right shoe, and a spider in the left shoe. Then we opened up the housing to have a look at the crown, and then we drained the oil out of it, and put the housing back on. Then we got it outside with the gernie and degreaser, and blasted the daylights out of it, to make it clean. We then got it up on some stands, and wiped it down with some Prepsol from dad's work. Then dad gave it a hit with 2 coats of leftover Primer Grey from when we painted the car. While the undercoat was drying, we got out some satin black, and painted the drum shoes, and the brake hose and lines. Woz & Josh :cool: Report
March 24, 201214 yr Author comment_592397 After 2 coats of Acrylic AU Galaxy Blue dad got from his work as touch-up paint for Ollie, and leftover clear from painting the car: We hope to fit it within the next week. :) Cheers, Woz & Josh :cool: Edited March 25, 201214 yr by JJT036 Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now