20v Ae71 - Nana Always Needed More Powah!!

LukeAE71

My name is Luke and I have an AE71.

Here are some pics of how she started in life. She was delivered from Toyota as a stock auto AE71. She has done some 140,000 k’s before the head decided it was enough and blew it’s stack. I have since decided to replace the engine with a 20 Valve 4AGE. It will also be converted to manual at the same time.

All parts have been acquired, all that is required now is some more motivation and maybe some spare time on the weekends.

Anyway, pics.

I will post more pics as this thing progresses. I would say it is about another month or so away from the road, purely due to funds shortage.

To those of you who are wondering about my choice of theme with this car, my explanation is that I wanted to do something different. In my opinion the drift look on KE70's and AE71's has been done to death. The JDM look has also been done quite a lot with varying success and anything with decent offset and styling in Adelaide doesn't last too long without a defect sticker attached.

The Nana look has been done quite a bit with the older rollas but not so much with this shape. I also chose the Nana look as this car is so clean and fresh it suits it.

I plan on keeping this car for a long time anyway and I guess the theme will evolve and change as time goes on. :party:

Edited by LukeAE71

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rear/Side view, very and I mean very minimal rust in this old girl. Tiny bubbles appearing in both rear guards which will be fixed once I get it back on the road at the moment. Bodywork is a very low priority at the moment

Sorry for no. of posts, having issues resizing massive pics from digi cam

post-7149-1238980519_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeAE71

The jewel in the crown. Just waiting on a few more rwd parts before I drop it in the car.

It will be running quad trumpets with socks, Microtech LT10S for engine management.

post-7149-1238981467_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeAE71

Pic from rear, note black plastic louvre cut down to make roof spoiler. Only dummy fitted at this stage. Also note doilies attached to rear head rest and hat on rear shelf. Damn venetian made it hard to fit any kind of hat in there properly.

It also has picnic rug on rear seat and cushions for the rear seats in nana fabric of course.

post-7149-1238983572_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeAE71

Rear/Side view, very and I mean very minimal rust in this old girl. Tiny bubbles appearing in both rear guards which will be fixed once I get it back on the road at the moment. Bodywork is a very low priority at the moment

When Luke says minimal he means minimal, this is definitely up there with the cleanest AE71's I have seen.

Gonna be such a sweet car

Oh and get my old rims back on her lol, they look sweet on it

Cheers, Ben.

When Luke says minimal he means minimal, this is definitely up there with the cleanest AE71's I have seen.

Gonna be such a sweet car

Oh and get my old rims back on her lol, they look sweet on it

Cheers, Ben.

The rims are on it at the moment just don't have any pics with them on.

All going well the engine is going in over the Easter long weekend :party: Then it is off to a workshop to be wired, tuned and exhaust made.... I can't wait for the day I get the phone call to come and pick it up to drive it home :dance:

Sweet mate let us know when she's running

Mine is getting 16v soon, was gonna wait til I had head ported and polished, cams, quad throttles etc before i put it in but i just want efi reliality because my 4k is crap in the cold lol, and a bit of power would be good too haha

so will just be stock for now minus free pod filter, extractors and zorst

Cheers, Ben.